Chapter 68: home

The daylight shines through the windows as I wake up with Luciano arms wrapped around me and his head lies on my stomach. As nice as this is, I need to wash my body.

I gently pull away from Luciano and by the time I'm off the bed he doesn't wake up. He must be exhausted. I tip toe into the bathroom and shut the door.

looking into the mirror my hair is a mess and my face is puffy from the sleep i just had. i walk over to the shower turing it on and starting to take my clothes off.

I'm careful to watch my stitches along my side to a few inches under my belly button. The stitches are closer to my hip bone if anything. I know it won't be bad because of how the stitching was done but there will be something there at the end of this.

My leg is also stitched up and I know the scar will be worse but I'm okay with it. I take the rest of my clothes off and walk into the shower.

i clean my body carefully being sure not to hurt myself further. i wash my entire body until i feel clean which takes a few minutes.

turing off the water i walk out grabbing a towel from the side of the room and carefully drying my body. i shake another towel through my hair and set it down before adjusting the towel wrapped around my body.

i open the door and shut the light off as i try to be as quite as possible when making it inside. "leaving the bed before the man wakes up" he turns to me as he sits up against the head bored.

"i didn't want to wake you" i shrug walking over to the suitcases and grabbing clothes from his suitcase. I grab the first pair of sweatpants and t-shirt that I see and put them onto my body quickly.

looking over at luciano he looks at me with heart eyes and a smirk on his face. "can we just stay in bed today" i walk over to him and crawl back into bed curling back into him. "what time is it?" my hands play with his shirt.

"almost noon" his hands relax beneath my shirt drawing shapes on my skin "was it bad?" i turn my head up to lucaino he sighs "i mean i would much rather you dragging the knife along my body-" i cover his mouth "shush" he smiles under my hand and i pull it away after a moment.

"i'm serious" he hums "it was bad, but it got significantly worse after i um" he hums "killed the woman who was on watch for me" my brows raise oh wow  "how did you manage to do that?" he sighs.

"i flirted my way out of it, and then i felt her up and found a knife" he sounds uncomfortable even speaking the words "if you had to fuck your way into safety i wouldn't be mad. especially if it's the french mafia"

his brows furrow "i thought you would be just a little more upset than this" his hands slide up and down my back "survival is something I will never be mad at, what can i say i'm a temptress" i smile a bit "i know but you've never exactly had to sleep with anyone" i shake my head

"and i probably won't, but there might be situations where i get close though" i move my body up to be closer to his face "it's okay, i'll still tourture them. what's a little more for touching my girl". i smile as heat rises to my cheeks my girl wow.

...

my tired feet drag me us the way to the door "i've never been so happy to see this fucking door" lucaino limps as he leans against me. dad grabs the handel and pushes it open allowing luciano and i to walk in first so he can sit.

"oh my god" maria and daniel sanchez walk over taking lucaino out of my arms giving my body a break. alice and dante walk through and her smile widens as she looks just past me.

both of them rush over to my siblings and aunt v walks out from the kitchen "Dom" dad walks over to her even though i know it hurts him. "viviana" they just grab echother. i've never seen dad and aunt v so affectionate before.