42

The alarms went off and so did Tzuyu.

It was early in the morning, as early as 6:40 am, when Tzuyu woke up all pumped and excited for what's going to happen today since she's already reconciled with Sana, that is.

In a span of 20 minutes, she did everything in a quick manner—took a bath, ate, brushed her teeth, and prepared for school—the things she can do when she's excited about something else.

Sana and Tzuyu agreed to meet at 8am so Tzuyu was already prepared at 7:05am, and was now outside of her house waiting to catch a taxi.

After a few minutes of waiting, a taxi finally showed up and she entered inside without hesitations. She told the driver of Sana's condominium address which the driver accordingly understood.

The driver started to drive the taxi forward slowly since they're still on the streets, with Tzuyu looking out the window to distract herself temporarily.

As she was looking out the window, her eyes caught a glimpse of Shuhua on a street with someone else wearing a white shirt, black pants, and sunglasses... probably a girl of older age. Tzuyu felt suspicious about the sudden scene so she looked out even more.

"Can you slow down the car, please?" Tzuyu requested to the driver which he did as what is told. As the taxi slowed down, Tzuyu began to stare deeply into the two women who were talking.

After a few seconds of standing there and talking about something, a red car just went to fetch them as they entered which made it look more suspicious to the latter.

"Follow that red car, please," Tzuyu immediately demanded to the driver but he refused at first.

"But... why ma'am?" the driver asked. Tzuyu felt annoyed but she didn't want to show it on him.

"Please just follow where it would go," she insisted as the driver just agreed and decided to follow the red car.

Tzuyu is aware that she's going to be a bit late for her meeting time with Sana, but she realizes that it's her task to know more about Shuhua and her connections.

She knows she just can't waste this opportunity to do what she is told to do.

After a 20-minute drive to follow the red car, it stopped in front of a private building. When Shuhua and the woman got out of the red car, Tzuyu did too. She decided to just drop off here despite of having an urgency to meet Sana.

The private building seems to be detached from other buildings, making it look like a really private place. She supposed that it's the Yeh's penthouse since it is really private, and she observed the surroundings until her eyes landed on a billboard with a certain address on it.

And there Tzuyu realized that it's the one which Shuhua gave to her in case she needs to turn away from Mr. Minatozaki, and the woman who was with her was someone that is an ally.

"I need to know who is that woman," Tzuyu mumbled to herself as she hid whilst the two other women were talking in front of the building.

And when the moment that the other woman took off her glasses, Tzuyu could’ve jump out in surprise.

She could've not been mistaken about who she saw. It is none other than Elkie Chong, her theater mentor.

-----------

"She's 15 minutes late," Sana mumbled to herself as she stared at her phone. She's been waiting outside her condominium for quite a long time since 8:00 am, and Tzuyu hasn't gone to pick her up yet.

Sana frowned as she slowly realized that Tzuyu won't be coming, and as those thoughts ran in her mind, a taxi just stopped by in front of her.

The taxi window slowly slid down, revealing Tzuyu's beautiful face. Sana just lit up the moment she saw it, her heart pounding a little faster than before.

"I'm sorry I'm late," Tzuyu apologized, Sana just smiled at her as she entered the car in a sudden and sat next to the younger.

"It's okay," Sana said, smiling. The younger just gave back a faint smile as she turned her head away while the car starts to move forward.

And thus, silence took over between the two of them for the next couple of minutes.

Since Tzuyu felt the awkward rushing between them, she has to make the first move.

"Did I made you uncomfortable?" she asked, causing Sana to flinch a little in her seat. The older was stunned by the question, but she quickly regained her composure.

"N-no..." Sana stuttered as she turned to face away from Tzuyu to hide her blushing face. The younger just chuckled as she noticed that Sana was obviously nervous, and it looked really funny and cute at the same time.

"I'm glad to know then," Tzuyu replied once more, her tone gentle and soft to not scare Sana any further. The two of them fell silent once more as the older just looked at her side so the younger couldn't notice her blushing.

Knowing that they're both okay with talking to each other, Sana just wanted to start a conversation but she's too pressured to do it. And besides, she's afraid she might say the weirdest thing ever when talking to Tzuyu.

She just wanted to talk to her while it's just the two of them and make it last.

Sana started to think of what to say to the younger as different thoughts just rushed through her mind.

What did she eat for breakfast?

What is her favorite color?

What are her favorite songs?

When Sana thought of the last question that popped into her mind, she just wanted to cringe. Tzuyu won't probably like that kind of question, so she started to think again.

Does she like messi?

It's getting weird.

Does she like dogs?

Does she like Japan?

Does she like Japanese girls?

And weirder...

"Nice shoes you got there," she suddenly spat out as she covered her mouth afterwards. She just couldn't believe that after all the weird things that she thought of, she chose this one.

Well, not bad at all.

Tzuyu smiled as she looked down and pointed at her shoes, "Chaeyoung gave me this as a present for my birthday last year," she said. She treasures gifts from her friends so much and that's why she wears it as often as she can.

"Uhmm... when is your birthday?" Sana asked curiously. Maybe it's her chance to give Tzuyu a present that she could also treasure.

"June 14."

"That would be next month, right?" Sana asked once more as Tzuyu just nodded and smiled as her response.

Tzuyu gulped first as she thought of something else, "Are we getting to know each other now?" she said, causing both of them to burst in laughter.

"Hmmm, I guess so?" Sana replied while raising her eyebrows at Tzuyu. The two of them laughed again at the same time, cherishing this moment that they have with each other.

And there they knew, they were comfortable in each other's company.