Moving In

***

*Ding-dong! Ding-dong! Ding-dong!*

"Is she taking a dump or something?" Nicole asked, facing her mother.

"Tsk!" Nicole's Mother who's name is Naoka snaps at her daughter. "Now don't talk about your aunt that way! I haven't seen her in the flesh since you were born so shut your mouth!"

Her mother also has a pair of wings like Nicole since her quirk is a Falcon too, but in different shades of gray instead of all black like her daughter's. Nicole pulls her luggage up close her legs, bringing her headphones to her ears to try and pass time with some music.

"Have fun ringing the doorbell then" Nicole said, listening to her playlist.

Her mother rolls her eyes in response, facing back at the door.

*Ding-dong-ding-dong-ding-dong-ding-dong-ding-ding-ding-dong!*

Nicole and her mother have been standing outside the streets for the past 10 minutes, waiting for her aunt to answer the door

Nicole and her mother have been standing outside the streets for the past 10 minutes, waiting for her aunt to answer the door. They wonder why she's taking so long, but Nicole minded her own business while her mother continues to aggressively ring the doorbell.

Nicole looks at her surroundings, the wind lightly brushing against the leaves of the trees and the soft light blending in the quiet neighborhood.

Standing in front of a nice house in such a quiet neighborhood with no cars feels more relieving than being in a city full of business everywhere,
Nicole thought, gazing at the skies.

A part of her already wants to fly and check out what this place holds that her home town doesn't have. Being from the state of California, she's used to all the diversity and differences, but she never felt so alien like before. She takes a deep breath in, feeling the warm weather upon her face and wings, the wind slightly running through her hair soaking in the atmosphere. She closes her eyes as the music touched her soul.

I can't believe I'm over 5,500 miles away from home, well, used to be home,
Nicole thought, wondering what her friends are up to right now.

Nicole remembers the stuff she would do with her close friends back in California, already missing the simple palm trees around at this hour. Of course they all promised each other to FaceTime here and there, but Nicole knew it wouldn't be the same. She never visited any other country before either, let alone ever visited any other state outside.

She always dreamt of traveling around, seeing and exploring the world, so of course she was honestly excited for this big change, but that doesn't mean a part of her didn't hurt when she had to say goodbye to all the memories she made, the countless laughs shared, and the places she loved hanging out. I mean who knows if she'll ever see all of her friends once again, nobody can stop how they come and go afterall.