Nightmares

***

The sound of fast breathing filled in the cold air around her, sweating like crazy. Faruko's tremble made it hard for her to dial the number right, finding herself in a telephone booth. Small whispers and voices of doubt circled around her. Her thoughts racing at a hundred miles, she can even hear her own heart beat out of her chest in adrenaline.

"H-h-hello?" Faruko said, quickly bringing the phone up to her ear, hearing the loud ringing on the other side.

It sounded like someone have picked up the phone, but all she could hear was breathing.

"Hey, anyone there? Please, answer. I-I need help" She desperately said, her voice nearly cracking in fear. She breathed heavily through her mouth while still on the phone.

Faruko then noticed a shadow forming around her from behind, quickly turning to see who it was. She gasped at who's shadow it belonged to, too stunned to move an inch.

"Traitor..." the villain said, which is none other than Shigaraki himself, standing over her, as if he grew bigger in size, scaring her.

"Oh no..." Faruko shakily said under her breath, realizing she got caught for calling help. She dropped the phone, making it hit the wall as it hung on to the telephone line, beeping dramatically, which was in tune with the pace of her heart.

Shigaraki then extends a hand out towards her, smacking it on to her head as she disintegrated in a blink of an eye.

"Ahhh!" Faruko screamed out of her sleep, waking up, looking around in fear. Wide eyed and body tensed. "Oh...Phew! It was just another one.." Faruko said to herself, putting a hand over her heart to calm down.

Faruko deeply sighed, tired, feeling her chest become loose from the fear that tightened it.

Just another one..
Faruko thought, sadly. It has been days since the incident happened, so Faruko is unaware of why she's even having nightmares.

I just wanna forget it ever happened..
Faruko thought, rubbing her head. She looks down at her side, seeing the wrapped up wound, looking at it in disgust.

Even if I try to forget, the scars will always be there to remind me..

...

Nightmares isn't the only thing Faruko is experiencing. She haven't been eating regularly nor been getting proper sleep since she fully recovered, and Deku noticed how a bit distant Faruko has grown from the class - even though the class congratulated her for getting well and having a successful recovery, she felt that she hasn't really healed in some way.

"Hey Faruko, is it alright if I check out your neat scar?" Kaminari asked.

"Uhh sure" Faruko said, lifting her shirt up from the side.

"Cool!"

"Thanks, I guess it is kinda cool" Faruko said with a half smile.

If Deku knew any better, he can tell a fake smile from a genuine one, as he watched from his seat, looking at Faruko talking with Kaminari near the door of the class about showing her scar. When Deku took a look at the it, it reminded him of Allmight, in which Deku felt the need to go and talk to her, getting up out of his seat.

"Hey Faruko" Deku called, seeing Faruko turn her attention towards him. "Is everything alright with you?"

Faruko have secretly been more aware of her surroundings, looking over her shoulders and constantly feeling nervous. Even during her trainings and lectures, she would zone out and get distracted. She would even get tired too soon in class activities more than usual. All this Deku took note of, wondering what's really been going on with her.