Black Feather

***

The next day, Aizawa have let the class know that Nikoru Faruko is officially missing, as Aizawa was assigned to search through every room within the dormitory for any clues, starting with Faruko's room, whom Hound Dog was with him as instructed by Nezu.

"There it is" Aizawa said to Hound Dog, pointing at the faint shoe mark on the bottom frame of the window.

"Hmm..." Hound dog takes a good look at it with a sniff.

"What do you think?" Aizawa asked.

"Hmm... yup, definitely her alright" Hound dog said, continuing to sniff the air out the window. "And fresh too, she gone out the window for sure, but that's all I can smell of her. Judging by the direction of where the mark is facing, it's pointing towards the outside instead of the inside. Seems my nose and your claims are true; she flew the coop"

"I knew it.." Aizawa said.

Even though he knew he was correct about Faruko flying away, he can't quite figure out why or for what reason. If it was her intention on running away, then what was she running away from? Is what he could not understand. A UA student doesn't just leave out of the most prestigious school in all of Japan for no reason.

While Aizawa kept thinking about it, Hound dog continued to sniff around, suddenly picking up a scent near Faruko's desk and chair; different from Faruko.

"Hm? Grrr, smells like someone else was here too" Hound dog said, which made Aizawa snap out of his thoughts.

"What?" Aizawa questioned, wondering who it could be. "Who?"

"I don't know, but it's also pretty fresh" Hound dog said. "Whoever it was were definitely here with her"

"Can you follow who it leads to?"

"Yeah I can sniff' em out" Hound dog said, beginning to track the scent down. "Grr, it's leading out the door"

"Alright. Keep tracking" Aizawa said, as Hound dog continues to do so, leaving the room to find who it leads to.

...

Meanwhile at the UA cafeteria, Iida was sitting alone apart from his friends at a different table, where Faruko last sat. He sighed at the lunch tray that's in front of him, who hasn't eaten a thing from it. His mind was too busy playing on what happened the day before yesterday, looking at the direction of where they last raced against each other.

"Are you challenging me?"

"Challenging you? What's there to challenge about ya? I can make it to class before you any time I want" Faruko said.

"How absurd!" Iida protested. "I'm always ahead of you in every attendance so I doubt you can ever out best the class rep!"

"Okay then, let's see who gets there first then"

"Fine by me!" Iida said, as the little flashback ended.

He grips the chopsticks in his hands, facepalming in frustration, regretting what he have done.

"I must take on some kind of accountability to make up for the two of you" Iida said.

"Accountability?" Faruko questioned. "Wait, so what I'm hearing is you're willing to do anything for us?"