A spied betrayal

***

Meanwhile, Deku and Iida have been catching up with the heroes through the wilderness, reaching pass the point of where the helicopter have landed.

"We should avoid going too close to that aircraft" Iida said, informing his friend. "I've seen her fly this way with that hero Hawks, so we should head to the far north side right away"

"Okay" Deku responded.

"And this time, keep your footsteps quiet. It's potentially noisy just as your mutterings"

"What?" Deku said, almost offended. "But, how am I supposed to keep my steps quiet if there's leaves and sticks everywhere?"

Iida fell silent at what Deku said for a moment before speaking, taking a deep breath in. "Sorry. A lot is on my mind and a lot can go wrong"

Deku looks at him for a moment, a bit mesmerized by his words. Who knew that the simple sound of leaves crunching would make Iida feel tense.

"It's okay Iida" Deku said in assurance with a smile. "I understand. You're doing the right thing"

Iida simply nodded, remaining silent, hoping that he won't regret his decision. "Let's keep moving now"

"Alright"

Thanks to their quirks, they were strong enough to climb and push through the many trees and bushes. Quirks like that are manageable in wilderness environments. Eventually the two breathed heavily as if they been running for miles, spotting Hawks and Faruko from a distance away, managing to follow them up to the location.

"Seems there's some snow up ahead where we're heading" Iida said.

"Well it's next to mount Shu, most of that place is covered in snow, but that won't stop us" Deku said, using his quirk once again to speed up.

So this is where Faruko have been missing...
Iida thought, looking back at the city from up the mountain, seeing the nice view of the entire city.

All this time, she wasn't that far from UA...

"Iida?" Deku called, causing Iida to snap put of his thoughts.

"Err, sorry, I'll be right there" Iida said, using his engine legs to catch up to Deku who was nearly at the top.

Eventually it took them about a good 15 minutes through the snow until they finally found Hawks and Firefalcon in another clearing like the first.

"Hey! There they are" Deku whispered, spotting them from afar.

"What? Where?" Iida whispered back, hiding in the shadows of the bushes next to Deku as he approached.

Iida gasped, seeing Faruko with Hawks, who seems to be talking to each other.

"What do you think they're doing?" Iida whispered, crouching down spying on Hawks and Faruko.

"I don't know, but I think we should hide here and see what's going on.." Deku said, as Iida agreed, the two choosing to spy on the hero and their friend.

...

Faruko showed Hawks the supposed location where the captives are being kept — soon to be dewinged in precise.

Faruko sighed with a lip bite, knowing that her mission is coming close.

I never thought that I would ever have to do this to you Hawks...
Faruko thought with a grip of her hands.
I hope you'll be able to forgive me for what I'm about to do..