Work Study Pt.2

***

Faruko flies over the many tall buildings of the city, scouting and patrolling around for any crimes, seeing the many cars and people passing by below her.

Man, what a view, patrolling around isn't as bad as it sounds,
Thought Faruko, enjoying the scenery.

In case she hears any help or cries from any civilians, she flies closer to the ground. Some of them looked up to see her flying around, which they almost mistook her for Hawks since he's the one always patrolling around these parts himself. So far she have been patrolling for almost half an hour, and no crimes has happened yet.

Im getting bored at this...
Faruko thought.

"Firefalcon, firefalcon" called Tokoyami through her ear piece. "Any crimes you have stopped?"

Faruko sighed. "Nope, haven't spot any yet. How about you?"

"About two so far"

Two?!
Faruko thought.

"Well you're pretty lucky. I've been doing nothing but flying around and.. huh?" Faruko trails off, seeing a familiar someone from far away below her, who seemed to be waving with his arms up in the air. "Hey I'll talk to ya later Tsukoyomi. Someone's trying to get my attention" said Faruko, beginning to fly towards the him.

"Alright, but be careful. You can never trust too easily of people" Tokoyami said, reminding Faruko of the reality of being a hero.

"Got it" Faruko said, getting closer to the man.

Finally she lands on the ground, seeing the man who waved at her in the air at a much closer look.

Why does he look so.. wait a minute
Faruko thought, recognizing his face.

"No way" Faruko uttered, quickly walking towards the stranger, waving back with a smile at his direction. "Hey it's you!"

"Heh heh, of course it's me" The old man said with a smile, who was the same man that Faruko encountered back at the store with the strange chain quirk.

"Wow I can't believe it!" Faruko said, glad to see him, especially that he changed his look. "I almost didn't recognize ya from up there. What have you been up to lately? I see you look pretty different now!"

The old man chuckled. "Oh I didn't change too much, I managed to have found a good sustainable job along with some folks that were willing to help me out. Now I have enough money to buy myself some better clothes and care for myself"

Faruko looked surprised at what he said. "Wow that's really good news. I'm happy for you man!"

The old man smiled at what she said. "Anyway, now that I'm receiving some money, I wanted to repay your kindness with a little gift"

"Huh? You got me something?" Faruko asked, almost surprised.

"Yes. I wasn't sure when we would meet the next time, but I was hopeful that one day we'll meet again, and when we do, I would give this to you" The old man said as he takes out a small keychain, which caused Faruko to gasp at the small object in his hand.