The Scorched Hero

***

After the visit was over, Faruko was left alone. The words of her mother have been replaying in her head for hours until it was the next day.

While thinking about it, Faruko felt this weight slowly lift off her shoulders, a renewal in her bones that she couldn't describe, as if her strength have been refreshed in some way. Because of this deep feeling, she lifts her head up to a nearby window, seeing the blue soothing sky. Her eyes were attracted to it, as if it was calling to her.

Haven't flied in a while...
Faruko thought, who suddenly gets out of bed, heading towards the window in haste.

Once she got close enough to the window, she pops her head out through it, looking closer at the skies, feeling the gentle breeze hitting her face. She closes her eyes as she takes a deep breath in, beginning to climb up the window, putting her bear foot on the bottom frame. With confidence, she faced the sky once again, a spark igniting inside her. She took another deep breath in, but before she had the chance to jump off, the main nurse walked in, who automatically snapped her eyes wide in surprise.

"Faruko! Wh-what are you doing?!" The nurse gasped, running after her to try and stop her from jumping off. "Stop! Don't move!"

Faruko ignored, extending her wings out.

Here goes nothing..
Faruko thought, about to take the leap of faith.

Her once lifeless eyes began to give its glow right before she jumped off, causing the nurse to gasp in shock once again, who was too late to get to Faruko on time as she finally makes it to the window to look out in fear

"Faruko! Come ba-" The nurse called out to her, but was cut off in surprise.

Oh my...
The nurse thought, seeing Faruko's wings on fire as she twirled and looped around in the air, leaving a trail of fire behind.

"Woo! I never felt so free!" Faruko said, as if a big weight came off her shoulders.

The nurse stood there in silence, still surprised by what she's witnessing. She sighed as a small smile crept across her lips.

I guess she'll be alright after all,
The nurse thought, watching her fly around in joy, something that she have never seen in Faruko before.

It feels good again to fly...
Faruko thought, feeling the wind rush through her face and body.

As long as I got these wings, I'll never stop soaring,
Faruko thought, coming to a conclusion that she wasn't gonna let a couple of horrible events bring her down and stop her from becoming a hero.

Faruko then decides to fly up higher into the sky until she flew pass a cloud, closing her eyes as she soaked in the the fresh crispy air from above, the fire from her wings fading away. She slowly opens her eyes, in which they returned to their normal ruby color, staring out into the horizon over the city where the sun stood, looking forward to her bright future as the scorched hero Firefalcon.

As the journey continues...

***

Thanks for reading this far! I know Faruko will be gone 😭 But it's not the end of Faruko yet!

I'm thinking about making a separate book that continues after this some time in the future, and it will come back to the plot of mha — its no promise so MAYBE book 2 will come out. Anyway thanks for sticking around!

Oh! And one more thing..

I am helping to raise donations to a small orphanage in Uganda Africa who are facing poverty and is in need of resources. I kindly ask for donation with whatever amount to the gofundme page.

Donation link:  https://gofund.me/30e838c4

If you can't then prayers and sharing the donation link is accepted  ❤️❤️❤️
Anyway thanks SO much for finishing this book + all the votes and constantly sticking to the story! It means a lot! It's been fun, see ya! - jazu :)