Quirk Origin

***

"A B C D - uhh"

"It's E"

"Ohh yeah" Faruko said. "A B C D E F G H I - uhh"

"J dear"

"Oh.. momma this is hard"

"You'll get it one day" Faruko's mother said softly. "You're barely learning it so don't worry about it"

"Ehh, okay" Faruko said, seeing a random pigeon fly pass her. "Where's daddy?"

"He'll be home later" Her mother answered. "Dad is at work right now"

"Oh okay.." Faruko said, falling quiet for a moment.

"A B C D - uhh.." Faruko sang as her mother sighed.

Young Faruko continued on trying to sing the alphabet song, while her mother held on to her hand, walking on a side walk of a busy street with passing cars. Her mother didn't bother to fly since her daughter's wings are too small, and carrying her would only make it tricky.

"And we're here" Her mother said, seeing a young lady up ahead greeting adults with their children, dropping them off.

"Hi Goodmorning!" Her mother said to the daycare lady.

"Hii!" The lady greets back. "Hm, you're pretty early Ms.Falco"

"Yes well about that" she pulls Faruko closer to her legs. "Um, I know it's a bit early but I got some things to do, and I was wondering if it wouldn't be much of a trouble to you?"

"Why it's no trouble at all!" The lady answered, the mother feeling relieved. "I'd love to look out for Nicole. Where is she?"

"She's right here" The daycare worker looked down to see a little girl with a pair of small black wings and red eyes gawking back at her. "Say hi Nicole, don't be shy"

"Hi" Nicole answered, showing no emotion on her face.

"Hello there Nicole!" The daycare cheerfully said, going down on her level. "Do you know all your abc's now?"

"Um.. yes!" Nicole answered with a smile.

"Well kinda" Her mother sheepishly smiled. "She's getting the hang of it"

"Now look who's a smart little girl! Now come on in" The daycare lady said, standing up. "It's about to be story time!"

Her mother quickly goes on to her daughter's level, now her turn directly speak to Faruko as she puts her hands on her cheeks. "Now you be good, and be nice to everyone here. I'll come to pick you up as soon as I can" her mother fixed her daughter's shirt, including her cute little skirt. "You got that?"

"Okay" Faruko answered with a nod.

"Alright, now go have fun!" Her mother smiled, giving her a small peck on her cheek.

"Okay!" Faruko waved. "Bye bye momma!"

"Bye!" Her mother said with a wave back.