Quirkless Carla

This chapter is about how Faruko met her quirkless best friend.

***

"Alright settle down now!" A woman said to a noisy classroom, which happens to be a teacher, but her class doesn't seem to be listening. "I said settle down!" She repeats as the class finally quiets down.

"Now, are all of you aware that there's a new student here today?" The teacher asked, leaving the class silent.

"No Ms. Garcia" Someone said in the class.

"Of course none you haven't.." Garcia sighed.

"Well, if any of you would've listened the last time I told you so, you would have known" Garcia said with an eye roll. "This class... anyway, she's here now, so I would like you all to be at your best behavior when she presents herself to all of you"

After she finished talking, she motions her hand towards the door of the classroom. "You may come in now"

At the door of the class came in a young girl with long dark brown hair and red eyes, having a pair of jet black wings. The class and everyone looked at her a bit strangely since not everyone have wings like that. The little girl seemed a bit nervous in the class, keeping her eyes glued on the floor and playing with her thumbs around.

How she looked like as a child

"Why don't you introduce yourself?" The teacher gently asked.

"Uhh... my name's Nicole, N-Nicole Falco" Nicole said. "...I had to change schools because I moved farther away from my other school..."

The class fell silent at that with a cough.

"Wow that's very interesting Nicole! Why don't you go ahead and take a seat now" The teacher said with a smile, as Nicole goes to take an empty seat.

After Nicole takes her seat, the class goes back to their lesson. Then Nicole heard whispering and small giggles coming from behind her. She tilts her head back to see a small group of girls quietly chattering and giggling to each other.

Are they talking about me?
Nicole thought.

The bell rang for recess time, students heading out of class including the teacher. Nicole was the last to leave, but right when she steps out, she automatically saw a girl being followed by the same girls that were whispering from behind.

The girl was tanned skin with long straight black hair and brown chocolate eyes, having small freckles in between her eyes and plump lips. Nicole decided to follow this girl, along with the group from behind.

"What's up smelly!" a girl said, pushing the girl against a wall of lockers, tripping and falling to the ground.

They all laughed, as the girl that was pushed kept her head down facing toward the floor in shame. Her long black hair covered her face from the sight of the bullies.