Sports Festival Pt.1

***

"Wow, can you believe the attack happened just last week?" Kaminari said to Faruko, who was caught zoning out of class.

"Hm? O-oh yeah" Faruko blinked. "That was crazy heh" Faruko didn't seem to be entirely into the topic, Kaminari knew her mind was on something else.

Lately, the whole class had to take some days off from school after the incident at the USJ happened. Now knowing the seriousness of being a hero and the real challenges to face, Faruko have been rethinking to herself. Throughout the entire break, her mind kept replaying on what she accidentally called Deku, but today was different. Today seems fair and normal to everyone, but to Faruko, this day will always haunt her in her memories.

"Is something bothering you man?" Kaminari asked.

"Well.. it's not important, don't worry about it" Faruko said with a small wave and a smirk, hiding it away.

"Well did you at least saw me last night? I was in the news!" Hagakure said, making everyone fall silent.

"...yeah! heh" Faruko answered, causing those around her to smile.

"For like a few seconds or so.." Jiro said with arm cross. "We were all on there"

"That's true" Kaminari said, leaning his chair back. "Welp, we're practically celebrities now if you think about it. I never had my face shown up on the news!"

"I guess. It's always after a tragedy that someone cares..." Faruko said with a short sigh.

Suddenly a sound of a razor whirs, as dark brown hair fell upon the clear floor of the bathroom. More hair continues to fall, spreading out around her feets...

The static sound of the razor grew louder and louder, as mirror appeared right in front of her. A tear rolled down her face, looking at what was once a lushfull head of hair - now bald and hairless as ever - not a single strand was seen on her head...

"Faruko!" Kaminari snapped Faruko out of her thoughts.

"Huh?!" Faruko said in surprise. "Oh sorry, I didn't got enough sleep today" Faruko lied.

She's been feeling different ever since she woke up this morning. She wouldn't stop thinking about him. Naturally she would push such feelings away, but sometimes it comes back as a reminder of what happened, kinda like an uncontrollable boomerang.

"Well that's too bad" Kaminari said. "It's not like you can sleep off at the sports festival"

"Sports festival?" Faruko asked. "Wait. That's today?! I thought it was tomorrow!"

"What calendar you've been looking at?" Ashido joked.

"Pff, the one you have" Faruko joked back.

"Attention everyone!" Iida announced, marching in the class through the door getting everyone's attention. "Stop talking and take your seats! Fold your hands if you have to!"

"Ugh this guy.." Faruko said with an eye roll. "Excuse me Mr.Class rep, you're the only one standing!"

"Grrr.." Iida grits his teeth at what Faruko said as he goes to take his seat.