Sasori (7MIH)

"Sasori!" Hinata called, lifting her pale eyes towards you two as you two were shuffled to the closet. You blinked as the closet slammed shut, and you heard people outside betting on whether anything would happen. "I bet they won't even converse!" One spoke up, and called on 20 dollars.

You silently rolled your eyes and turned to your, seemingly well hidden, crush. You silently sat down next to him. "I see you're interested in puppeteer?" You spoke, breaking the silence quietly. He eyed you in surprise. "I didn't expect you, of all people, to know that." He commented after awhile, sitting next to you.

You laughed in amusement. "Come on, you're popular, for gods sake. There is not a single person who doesn't know about your big hobby. You could probably make a huge business with it." You commented, smiling at him.

"Yeah, I guess. You're quite well known yourself, though." He quietly spoke. "Really? I didn't think I'd be the type to be popular." You murmured, to which he eyed you. "Don't get cocky. Well known and popular are different." He told you, and silence filled the air. "I-" you started, before laughing with him. "You did not!" You grinned widely, amused at his rude comment.

You found it funny.

"Well, mister, I did not think you were that type of person." You grinned slyly. "If you want to get under my skin, you'll have to be a lot more salty then you are now." You informed him. "I'll be under your skin by tonight." He grumbled under his breath, and you eyed him in surprise. "Whoah, man, I mean I wouldn't mind but.." you laughed.

He smiled at your response.

"You've liked me for quite a while, haven't you?" He asked, to which you froze in shock. "You really shouldn't bother." He sighed, looking down as his smile formed into a small frown, but barely. You stared at him as his pretty colored hair began to fall over his face. For a moment, the shine in his eye seemed to disappear and he seemed to be completely void of any emotion, or maybe he was just numb.

"I'm not being cocky. If you think I'll do something that's that time consuming, you need to be checked up. I don't like wasting my time nor your time. It never ends up well, and it just won't work out." He told you calmly. You stared at him, listening closely.

"Don't worry, Sasori. I understand." You smiled. "I know you've liked me too, or at least had an interest. I know your severe anger issues and severe trust issues. I was in the nurses office a year ago and rudely overheard." You admitted. "I know you probably think I'm crazy for liking somebody like you, but you're crazy for liking a player like me." You laughed at him, a cocky smile on your face.

"I've lost my fame for a reason, boy." You joked as the timer went off. You stood up and helped him up, his brows furrowed at you and your words. He left first and you left after. You headed straight towards the bathroom, ignoring the people who bet their money.

You closed the stall and let out a shaky breath, emotional pain overwhelming you. "Dammit." You whispered in pain, wiping the incoming tears away. "Dammit, dammit." You continued, angrily shaking your head in disappointment at yourself.

"What made me think.." you murmured, before wiping your tears away and sighing loudly. "Yeah. It's not a surprise. I will get over it." You decided, leaving the stall and checking yourself in the mirror.

Hours later, when it was about 23:00, you were packed up and had a large bag of chips in hand as you left the party. As you looked up, you saw Sasori surrounded by a small group of girls. He looked around and saw you. He quickly shoved the girls aside and ran forward, before stopping you.

He stared directly at you, and suddenly grabbed your shoulders with surprising force. "I didn't mean it like that." He snapped suddenly, causing you to stare blankly at him. "What..?"

"I knew you took it in the wrong way. I didn't mean wasting our time like that." He murmured, releasing you as he returned to his usual monotone and quiet voice, ignoring the girls in the back as they stared. "I'm leaving this country this week, and I wanted you to find somebody who can properly love you." He murmured, to which you stared. "You waited for me just to say that?" You asked in shock.

He stayed quiet, and you showed a small smile of happiness and sadness. You hugged him tightly. "I'll miss you." You murmured.

"Forget about me." He murmured, handing you a lock and kissing your cheek. "At least for your school years." He lastly said before he left, probably rushing to catch a plane or maybe a taxi. You sighed and looked at the locket, knowing there would have been a picture in it of whatever.

You put it over your neck and watched as he was already gone. You walked away, knowing you'd probably never see eachother again, and you silently just accepted it as fate.

 "Touché. In-school relationships suck anyway."