Obito/Tobi - One sided love

Another requested! Hope you enjoy!
—————

  You watched as Obito went on about his plan to you and the other akatsuki members. Mainly Zetsu, you, and Itachi. A frown was upon your lips as you watched him. You knew well that he did this for Rin. Your heart clenched deeply with pain as you sat up. Why had he turned out like this?

  Days and Years of following after his steps. You still couldn't understand him fully, but your love for him had taken you here. This is where you ended up, and there was no going back. He knew well that you were hurting. As everybody was dismissed, you stood up and approached him. "Anything I can do?" You flashed a warm smile at him, which he barely returned. It was an empty smile.

Of course, he hadn't shown any emotions lately, unless it was Tobi.

His cold, emotionless smile made you look down in sadness. Was he really happy with this? "Not for now, Y/N." He responded, seeming to be deep in thought. You stayed in the same room as him, watching as he looked down and seemed to hesitate about something.

You continued watched his face as he furrowed his eyebrows and soon tore your eyes away from him. You grumbled curses under your breath. "It's my fault" you whispered. It was your fault for falling in love with him and leaving everything behind. He promised you that your wish would come true. You knew it meant that in the dream world, it would come true.

Maybe if you showed him more affection than Rin did to Obito, he would have been hokage by now, Minato wouldn't be dead and nobody would have gotten hurt. You stared at him, wishing you could lock the emotions away. "Obito.." you breathed, flashing all the memories of when he was younger, when he knew nothing of the shinobi world.

Obito almost knew exactly what you were thinking. He approached you and looked down at your small figure, his eyes flashing with pity for a moment. did it? Or did you just imagine it. He lifted your face with his thumb and caressed your cheeks. Your eyes lit up with hope, but deep down you knew he did this to convince you to stay in the akatsuki.

Maybe slightly out pity. He knew how it was to be rejected, but anything else but for the love of you. He acted affectionate towards you so you wouldn't break.

He was no longer smiling, and he stared into your eyes. "Remember, if you do this, you can get whatever you want. Anything." He whispered, his deep voice calming you down. You slowly nodded, heart aching. All this was doing was making your love for him grow.

Was this regret you felt?

No, you never regret coming with Obito. You vowed to stay with him until he achieved his goal, which would bring happiness to you. Every move he made now made you anxious. He showed you an actual smile with emotion in it, which nearly made you melt. You looked at him in surprise at his sudden smile. "Don't look so gloom, Y/N. You're a great partner and a friend." He told you, and you didn't know whether to feel happy, embarrassed or kind of sad that he friendzoned you.

"T-thank you Obito." You smiled at him and nodded in respect, slowly pulling away from his gentle touch. He nodded and began to walk away, probably to take care of some of the akatsuki stuff. As he left, you cleared up the hideout and left too.

Your black cloak easy to see in the sandy area that you were exposed to. As you began to walk, you felt the sudden presence of others and tensed. By the time you noticed, you were surrounded by anbu. Where from? Probably Konoha.

You quickly grabbed a katana from under your cloak and tied a string to it. The moment you tried to jump up, wood pierced your arms, making blood spatter across the sand and you screamed in pain.

Stupid anbu! How did they find the hideout?

You dropped the katana and it hung, while your arms continued to bleed. You couldn't be taken back or you would ruin all the plans. You recalled all of the memories with Obito in the hideout, and it all hit you. How he looked so emotionless when he stared at you, and only smiled when you thought of leaving. Just to force you to stay. To remind you that nobody else out there wants or needs you.

You were such a fool. To think that there was a happy ending for you.

He never loved you or cared for you from since the day Rin died. It was all that simple. In this harsh world, it was used or be used. Kill or be killed(coUgH). The weak were always the ones to die first. You could've sworn you saw Obito walking off, too. It was like he left you. You were always a friend, nothing more. A ending where you and Obito were together never existed, even in an alternative world. Obito would always love Rin, and you would forever be alone.

I knew I couldn't have you..

  So even if you died, you would still always watch over Obito either way. You loved him, and maybe he would snap out of it someday, maybe take everything back somehow. It was all your fault, and not his. You smiled before kicking up the katana, grabbing it in your mouth and staring at the explosive tags that were on it. The other anbu must've seen it, because they jumped back as the tag went off, the light of the explosion consuming your smiling figure and dissolving it, as if you were never here.

It's my mistake for not letting go... Please forgive me for being like this.

________The End

Hm- so this was kind of different and I took the song meaning kind of deeply and went crazy-

The song this is sorta based of:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rZNs-9io_W4

Uh- I couldn't import the YouTube video- I'll do that when I can. Anyways, the song name is Mistake - Girls Generation

God it finally allowed me to update- anyways, if the requester of this wants a different ending, don't be scared to ask! I'm really bored so it'd be nice to satisfy others with my reading if they requested it.

Currently under editing in an attempt to make it more sad...

8/25/2020