CHAPTER 3

🌸🌸🌸

"How can I kill this demon? The sun is not going to be coming up for a whil-"

"Oi, girl!" A rough voice from behind startles me and I jump up out of shock.

"AHH!" I yell and instantly spin around throwing a fist in the direction of the voice, instinctively thinking it's another demon coming to tear me apart, limb by limb.

I feel my little clenched fist being paused midair with a large and very callused but also warm hand. It felt oddly comforting, but who was this person?

"Hey, it's alright, we won't hurt you, are you okay?" I nod my head up and down, unsure of what to say.

"We're here for that demon, and Shinazugawa-san, you shouldn't talk to a young woman like that." A voice chuckles, the voice sounding a tad bit familiar.

I look up and see two people, one of the people, apparently his name is Shinazugawa, he's a tall, muscular, and slender man with spiky white hair and large slanted eyes with plum purple irises. His face and body is littered with scars, I recognised him, Shinazugawa Sanemi. He walks behind me and to the demon on the ground before slicing it at the neck, severing it's head as it slowly withers away, like cherry blossoms do when they fall from the tree.

"I couldn't care less Rengoku, I could tell you wanted to see her anyway." Shinazugawa growled and once I heard the name my ears perked up.

The man holding my fist from colliding with his face slowly lowered my hand, let go of me and smiled a very warm smile as I looked up to meet his eyes, my heart beating loudly in my chest, I was so afraid they would hear it. How could I not remember who they were at first?

Are...are my memories fading...no, they can't be.

Rengoku had beautiful yellow and red eyes, black eyebrows that split at the end ticking upwards, he was tall and muscular and his fiery yellow hair with red tips was completely unmissable. I gasped upon remembering who they were and bowed out of respect and to apologise.

"I am so sorry sir, you both startled me and I accidently reacted like that. I apologise deeply, I did not mean to hit you."

'Aaaah!!! It's Kyojuro and Sanemi!!! But they can't know that I know exactly who they are.'

"Stand up straight, it's perfectly fine, you were just afraid, we understand that. What you just did to that demon was fantastic! My name is Rengoku Kyojuro and that is Shinazugawa Sanemi behind you. We are both demon slayers, pillars to be exact, the strongest of all demon slayers." He spoke with a happy tone in his voice.

I blushed at how bright and cheerful he is and he must have noticed because he laughed.

'Yeah I know who you are.' Is what I wanted to say because internally I was excited and happy but I had to keep myself composed.

"Uh, my name is (last name) (first name) and you both have very strong names." I say, seeing the faintest trace of pink tinting Rengoku's cheeks.

"Yes! Such a beautiful name you have (l/n)-chan!" This caused me to blush a bit more, no one ever called my name beautiful and I knew he wasn't lying, he was being genuine.

"Stop flirting Rengoku. Girl, do you know what a demon slayer is?" Sanemi interrupts from behind me. I turn around to face him and he's basicly standing on me, staring down at me because he is so tall. I step back and accidently bump into Kyojuro, his muscular chest pressed slightly up against my back.

"Shinazugawa, you're scaring her." Rengoku warned, placing his hands on my shoulders to steady me, frowning at Sanemi for being rude as well, earning a 'tsk' in response.