CHAPTER 9

🌸🌸🌸

⚠️slight spoilers if you haven't seen the movie yet⚠️

I begin to shift and turn but I feel something restricting me from doing so. I stop and open my eyes slowly thinking of the night before, a sudden memory flickers over my mind and my heart drops.

It's a memory of my time, I was with Maya at the cinemas and we were watching the demon slayer movie. It was the part were Kyojuro was trying to hold onto Akaza while his fist was in Kyojuro's stomach, we were both crying. Then the memory faded.

Was I supposed to see that again? Is it trying to tell me something? That mission is about a month after final selection. If I boost my rank a bit in that period of time then maybe...maybe I can go and save him.

I love Kyojuro. I cannot let him die. He will not die by Akaza's hand! Not this time, this time he is here to stay, and I will save him.

And when we get back, I will confess my endless love for him. I don't care if he doesn't feel the same way, I just want him to know that he is loved very much.

I look at my waist to see Kyojuro's arms loosely wrapped around me.

'Kyaaaa!!!! He's hugging me in his sleep!!! He's so cute!!!' I mentally scream. I turn around to look at his face and he is still fast asleep, it's like 9am, he must be tired from all his missions.

I stare at his beautiful face, he is so calm when he sleeps and I can hear his faint snore.

'Maybe I'll just go back to sleep, this is probably a once in a lifetime opportunity.' I think, as I snuggle back into his chest. He pulls me closer as he shifts a little and holds me close, like a child cuddles up to their favorite stuffed toy.

I fall asleep again but wake up not too long after due to Kyojuro shifting again,  I open my eyes and look up at his face. His eyes opened a bit as he looks at me in his arms.

"Good morning,(name)." He says with a small yawn and rubs away the sleep in his eyes with one hand and holds onto me still with the other.

"Good morning, Kyojuro. How did you sleep?" I ask, yawning after.

"That was the best sleep I have had in a long time. How about you? Did you sleep alright?" He asks quickly. He sounded a bit concerned, maybe he was worried I hated sleeping with him.

"I slept great, should we get up? I can make us some breakfast." I say. "But I can't stay for too long, I have training to do with my new weapon." Kyojuro sits up, pulling me with him.

"New weapon? Do you mean to say that you don't use a nichirin blade?" He asks as he tilts his head.

"Yes, it's a kusarigama, a long chain with two sickles at each end, I've been training with it for a bit now and am quite used to the feel of it. But it can kill a demon as well, it's made of the same materials from that mountain that the ore comes from." I smile as I stand up and Kyo follows.

I stretch a little and pop my joints while Kyo walks out of the room towards the kitchen and I join him.

"What should I make you for breakfa-! Senjuro? You've already cooked?" I walk up to the table that had steamed rice, miso soup, grilled fish, and various side dishes. It looked so wonderful.

"Senjuro, you should have waited for me and I would have helped you, but you're such a good boy. Thank you!" I say as I pat his head lovingly.

"I didn't want to bother you two while you slept." He said with his little gentle smile.