CHAPTER 13

🌸🌸🌸

A splat of blood was slowly drying on the palm of my hand. I began to feel light headed from all the coughing, my vision blurring and everything looked like it was falling to the side, but I soon realised it wasn't the world that was tilting, it was me, I fell to my side and passed out before all the hasiras and Oyakata-sama.

Shinobu flutters over in a state of worry and examines me for any surface wounds. "I see nothing on her, except for. . ." She begins to unwind the bandage on my neck as I lay there is pain.

She pulls off the bandage and gasps. She had looked at the scar when I first got it, it was much smaller then, and not as prominent as it is now. It had caught her off guard and she hurriedly asked for assistance.

"I'm not strong enough to lift her, we need to get her to my estate, now!" She addresses and Sanemi dashes over.

"What happened, is she okay?" Sanemi anxiously asks.

"I don't know, hurry, rush her to my estate." Shinobu has no time to explain, this situation is dire and time should not be wasted. Sanemi scoops me up and rushes as fast as he can to the butterfly estate, shinobu following behind.

"Put her in this room, her breathing is rugged and raspy, I need to do proper examinations." Sanemi places me onto a bed and shinobu scoots him out. "I need to do this in silence, out please." She smiles lightly but Sanemi couldn't help but worry.

Shinobu closes the door on him and he remains stationary as he stares at the door. A long minute passes before he realises that he isn't doing anything and runs a hand roughly through his hair with a loud sigh escaping his lips.

Hours pass, shinobu finished "fixing" me up and I had just started to open my eyes to find myself in the butterfly estate.

The room was silent and warmly lit by the setting Sun's rays, I feel at my neck for the bandage and nothing was there, I begin to panic and sit up and look around franticly. Did anyone see my neck?

I lift the collar of the butterfly estate rehabilitation uniform to cover my neck. I walk out of the room quietly, it's getting late so I need to be quiet so I don't wake anyone up.

I walk down the hall and Shinobu's office has voices sounding from it. It's the hasiras, they're all talking amongst themselves. I'm about to walk away until I hear someone pipe up and say something regarding myself.

"What happened to her, why did she collapse like that?" It was mui, I press my ear up to the door and listen to as much as possible.

"I found the reason why, but it's odd and I am not entirely sure how to go about it, but many months ago, she gained a cut along her neck. I thought nothing of it and helped her with it, but i saw it when I took this bandage off her and it had spread, it had spread to her chest and I had observed it for about an hour and noticed that it had grown a miniscule amount, I marked a spot it was at and waited for roughly 2 hours, it had grown just passed the small mark." Shinobu explains.

"But will she be okay?" Another voice pitches in, Sanemi, he sounded so worried.

"I'm not sure, it may end up growing to the point where it...kills her." My eyes widen and I begin to sweat profusely.

"All I know is that the more it spreads, the more it will impact on her, since it spread to her chest it has been impacting on her lungs slightly, thats why she had the coughing fit and spat blood, that's what caused her to pass out. This it all I can confirm from what I can see, I have been trying to conduct a medicine for her but it's difficult to do when I'm not sure what's wrong. I have already given her a sample medicine to try for when she wakes up." Shinobu finishes. I feel my heart shatter, am I going to die already? I can't, i need to save everyone.