CHAPTER 40

🌸🌸🌸

"Kyo, are you hurt?" I ask, looking up at him.

"It's nothing, don't worry, flower." He shrugs it off.

"Kyojuro Rengoku, where are you hurt?" I say his full name and he shudders slightly at how serious I have suddenly become.

"My back.." He whispers.

I grab his arm to stop him from walking off. I step around him and look at his back, a huge and deep gash oozes blood and seeps into his uniform pants. It stains the white of his cape. How didn't I notice this before?

"Why didn't you do anything about this!?" I shout. And pull a thick bandage out of my medicine pouch.

"(Name)-" He starts.

"No, sit right now and take your shirt off." I frown, I make him sit and he takes off his shirt. I lean shinobu up against the wall next to me.

I clean off what I can of the blood and wrap his gash with the bandage tightly and he puts his shirt and cape back on.

"Let's stay here for a second.." I pat his shoulder and lean against the wall, kyo doing the same. Kanao and inosuke are limping up to us but they're quite far away so we can afford to wait a minute for them to catch up.

Kyo sighs as he relaxes his body next to mine. I lean my head on his shoulder and he takes my hand in his softly.

A few silent seconds pass between us, both of us soaking in the sound of eachother breathing for comfort.

"Hey...(name)..?" Kyo says softly.

"Yes my love?" I look up at him.

"Do you know what today is." He asks me randomly. I pull my eyebrows together not being able to remember the day.

"I don't think I do. Care to enlighten me?" I smile.

He chuckles and kisses my forehead.
"It's your birthday my beautiful little flower." He wraps an arm around me and pulls me close to him, holding me tight but not enough to hurt me.

"It is? I forgot." I laugh and cough out a painful wheeze.

"Yes. Happy birthday (name). I love you so much." He says into my hair as he rests his head atop of mine.

"Thank you Kyo. I love you too."

"I got you something, but I will give it to you after we kill muzan." He smiles into my hair.

"But kyo, what if-"

"No, no. Don't think like that." He hushes my thoughts and holds me.
In silence.
Our silence.
Together.
Just us.

Tears fall from my eyes. "I'm so happy kyo, I'm so happy I got to be with you."

"Me too flower. . .me too." Little droplets hit the top of my head and I realise that kyojuro is crying with me.

A gasp is heard across from us and we both look up.

Zenitsu gasps when he turned the corner and saw us, he was being carried on the back of Murata. I sigh out of relief to see them and smile shakily but drop the smile when zenitsu starts wailing and screaming.

Annoying shit.

He stops when he sees shinobu leaning against the wall, not hearing any noise from her. He was frozen and a second later he was crying heavily.

His unwanted noise doesn't last long, creaking and snapping sounds filled everyone's ears and we all looked around the building concerned. Kyo and I stand up quickly and I pick up shinobu, putting her on my back.