CHAPTER 4

🌸🌸🌸

Sanemi finally comes back with the food and I ask if I can dish it out for all of us. He hands me the food and i distributed it all out to everyone, I got a smaller share because I'm smaller and didn't need as much as the other two.

"Nonsense (name)-chan! You need just as much as us!" Rengoku says and starts piling on a tonne of food onto my plate.

"Ah! But I'm smaller and don't need as much." I retort, trying to block his chopsticks from adding more food.

"No, he's right, you're very small and you need lots of food to get stronger." Sanemi agrees, also placing food onto my plate. "B-but I don't really care!" He paused and looked down at his food. I tilted my head to the side and leaned towards Kyojuro.

"Hey Kyojuro-kun, is he okay?" I ask

He leans close to me and says quietly in my ear. " Yeah, he has just taken a liking to you, he must care about you." He chuckles.

"I-I do not!" Sanemi shouted and I laughed.

I didn't know if he did like me or not because I haven't touched him yet, it was different for Kyojuro, I had already touched him when I attempted to punch him in the face. I know he cares about me, strongly too, it fills me with happiness knowing that not only Maya cares about me.

"Oh no! Maya!" I shouted out of nowhere, scaring Sanemi and Kyojuro. They both looked at me with wide eyes.

"Who's Maya? Is everything okay?" Kyojuro asked placing a hand on my shoulder, looking at me like I had grown two heads.

"O-oh, uh, yeah, I just suddenly remembered her, she was an old friend of m-mine." I half lied, looking down at my plate of food sadly. Kyojuro and Sanemi share a look before Sanemi says to me. "We'll talk about it later, first eat something."

I hum in response.

"Itadakimasu." We all say and start eating. I was the first to put anything in my mouth.

"Umai!" I say and smile to myself.

Everything goes quiet, not even the sound of chewing could be heard, I look up and see Sanemi scowling to himself and Kyojuro just stares at me with his big googly eyes. Oh no, I just embarrassed myself. But then rengoku smiles and pops some food into his mouth.

"UMAI!" Kyojuro shouts and Sanemi groans.

"You two are literally the same person." He growls and we both laugh at him before eating some more and repeating the previous scene over and over, both of us laughing to eachother with big smiles.

Little did she know, Sanemi really had taken a liking to her and slightly smiled to himself upon hearing her laughing with Kyojuro.

Once dinner was finished and all eaten up I had grabbed all of the dishes that were used and was putting hot water into the sink to wash them but I was nudged out the way before I could do anything.

"I'll do them for you, go on, go have a shower and clean yourself up then get some rest." Kyojuro smiles as he rolls up his sleeves.

"A-are you sure? I can do the-"

"Yes I'm sure, go on, we will wake you up tomorrow to get an early start to the day, okay?" He pats my head and spins me around and pushes me gently out of the kitchen area.

"Yeah okay,thank you. Goodnight Kyojuro-kun."

"Goodnight (name)-chan." He softly smiles to me as I walk away.

"Goodnight Sanemi-kun!" I shout before leaving their room for the night.

"Whatever, night." I manage to hear him say and smile. He's being so kind to me, in the manga he was so horrible to everyone.