CHAPTER 11

🌸🌸🌸

A few days have passed, I am well again and it's the day of the festival I will be attending with Kyojuro. I brought myself a beautiful dark green kimono with different patterns covering it and a small clutch bag to hold my money in.

I smile as I start dressing for the festival, tying my hair into a small and loose bun, adjusting it with the pin Kyojuro had given me. My heart was racing, excited yet nervous that I was going on a ‘date’ with the boy that made my heart race. And finally, I walk out of the bathroom, all ready for the date.

Snow is still lightly falling onto the ground and I shiver slightly as I rub at my arms to provide myself with some sort of warmth.

"Ah! (Name)! Sorry I'm late the snow slowed me down a bit." Kyojuro comes around the corner. " You look beautiful!" He smiles with closed eyes.

"T-thank you, you also look very nice tonight." I smile back.

"Shall we head off then?" He asks and holds out a hand for me to take.

"Of course, let's be off." I grin and take his hand as he helps me off the engawa. We walk towards the town and Kyojuro pulls a small umbrella up and over me, I look at him with a questionable look and he explains.

"I can't have you get any colder and catch another cold and I don't want your kimono to get wet by the snow."

"You're too sweet kyo." I say softly as I grab his hand again.

____________________

A couple hours pass and Kyojuro and I are walking around the streets in the town where the festival is currently held.

"Oh! Kyojuro! Look there's a food stand, wait here I'll get us some!" I jump with joy and run off before he can retort.

"But the streets are-!" He pauses, realising I'm not listening. ". . .Crowded with people." He smiles as he watches me run over to the stand. He turns around to take in his surroundings and observe the stands with games and jewelry and other little trinkets.

Some emerald green jewelry catches his eye, it's a pair of earrings it reminds him of the green hairpin he brought for (name). The metal was golden and curved neatly, it featured a small white flower on the front with little pink, green and white beads. At the base of the earrings was a larger bead in the emerald green colour.

"I'll get these for her, I'll ask when her birthday is and when it's that time I will give them to her

"I'll get these for her, I'll ask when her birthday is and when it's that time I will give them to her. Unless it's already been, then she will get them tonight." Kyojuro says to himself with a smile.

______

As I make my way over to the food stand I notice they have roasted sweet potato. Kyojuro's favourite. I purchase some and something for myself and turn around to go back to Kyojuro.