CHAPTER 25

🌸🌸🌸

I patched myself up and went after tanjiro, but when I found him, he wasn't woth Tengen like I thought he would be. Tanjiri managed to catch up to Daki on a rooftop and was fighting with her and her sashes.

'He has grown stronger.. GOOD BOY TANJIRO!' I mentally squealed.

"Blood technique, multilayered sash slash!" Daki says while throwing out her sashes in Tanjiro's direction. Tanjiro doesn't move and the sashes get too close for my liking, but I'm going to sit back for a second to see how he does against her.

The sashes surround him and he uses his hinokami kagura, burning sun technique to slice up all the sashes. Daki flinches and winces at the pain from her sashes being sliced up, and begins to tremble. Taniiro closes the gap between them and tears up the sashes thrown at him. He looks so serious and it's frightening but he's a good boy. Tanjiro managed to hit her neck with his sword but her head is connected with a sash, I had cut through it before but tanjiro doesn't have my strength yet.

"There's no way my head will ever be cut off by the likes of you!!" Daki yells as Tanjiro pushes his sword further. Daki is about to hurt him so he jumps back, being unable to cut her head off.

Sashes fly at him but they're going slower than before. I now notice the blood dripping from his eyes, they look like streams of tears, it must be obscuring his vision greatly.

Tanjiro parries the sashes and they clump up in one spot, he stabs them into the ground and pulls along with his sword to stretch them out, making it easier to cut them. He does a flip and successfully slices them up and makes his way to daki.

'What is this? Why isn't he..why isn't he breathing?!'

"Tanjiro breathe! Now! Breathe!" I shout but be doesn't hear me, he is too focused on the fight. I jump up on the rooftop and pull him down to the side and off the building before he hurts himself more.

Tanjiro starts coughing wildly and hunches over on the ground. I pat his back and hand him water to sooth him. I wasn't watching what was going on behind me, Daki was about to skewer us with her sashes but someone stopped it.

A leg comes from nowhere, kicking daki right in the head, obliterating it completely. My eyes widen at what happened and who it was that saved us, it was Nezuko, Nezuko saved us.

Daki bounces back and crouches down to keep herself steady. Nezuko walks slowly closer to daki, making angry noises through her bamboo muzzle.

"Now you've done it!! You..!" Daki yells at nezuko before pausing and realising who she is. "Oh. You. It's you. You're the one that man was talking about." Daki growls as she hold her face as it grows back disgustingly.

Nezuko zaps herself to daki's location and attempts to kick her in the head again but daki cuts her leg off with a sash. Sending a second sash at nezuko, it cuts directly through her arm and torso, also throwing her into a building down below. The rubble from the impact landing on nezuko.

"Tanjiro stay here." I tell him and jump off the building before help nezuko but something flashes I'm my mind, a panel from the manga, I know what happens next. I get to Nezuko and try to pull her out of the broken house but she shoves me off and pushes me to the side, I fall on my bum and when I try to get up Nezuko glares at me.

She turns to daki, growing out her arm, her whole body back to the way it was before. Nezuko bites off the muzzle and it falls to the ground with a tiny thud. The aura surrounding her intensifies to that of an uppermoon and it made me shudder.

Her physical appearance completely changed from a young girl to a young woman, her body is much more refined and she has vine markings all over her body. A horn rises fron the right side of her head and crack like markings appear around her left eye. Her hair flows wildly around her and she bares her fangs at daki.