CHAPTER 39

🌸🌸🌸

Seeing shinobu's ghost before me, she looked so happy, so pain free. Of course I felt guilty for just letting her die there, but. . .she wanted to see her sister, she said it to me, I couldn't take that from her.

I take my stand, pain rippling throughout my body, leaving shinobu's body to lay alone on the floor. It was cruel to leave her there but to kill this demon I had to.

I look over to the fight and see that kanao no longer held her sword and kyojuro was panting heavily, kneeling before douma, who held kanaos sword.

In a swift motion I leapt over to douma and took back the sword, jumping over to kanao and handing it to her, falling to one knee next to her, my tummy oozing blood.

Suddenly, inosuke had burst through the ceiling, startling everyone, including douma. This gave kyo enough time to bounce back to me and kanao, he grabbed me and examined me for my wound.

"This isn't good. . ."He says to himself while douma and inosuke chat briefly.

I laugh worridly..."heh heh...I'll be okay.." I stamper, half questioning my safety.

Inosuke makes a noise at kanao, seeing her behind him. "You...you're all beaten up! What're you doing?! If you get injured you'll...you know! Shinobu'll get really mad at you!! And she gets really angry!!" Inosuke notices the expression on kanaos face and goes silent.

"Inosuke..." He looks at me and I point in a direction. "She's gone, inosuke.." i look down, tears stinging my eyes and I shut them tightly.

Inosuke looks over at shinobus body and goes stiff, remembering the times he spent with her and the time he made a pinky promise to her.

"I stitched up the wound" shinobu smiles at his hand. "So don't touch it, and don't pull out the thread on your own." She looks up at his mask and he looks at her.

Shinobu lifts her hand, showing her pinky finger. Inosuke does the same to her and she pulls their fingers together.

"Pinky promise!"

A deathly aura surrounds inosuke making everyone shudder, except douma. Inosuke disappears for a second before popping up above douma, slicing his way at the demon.

"DONT BREATHE THE COLD AIR HE SPREADS!" Kanao and I shout to ino.

Ino tries to attack but douma parries it and counter attacks with a fan. Ino kicks it up and does a backflip. "Wow! You're flexible, impressive! That head is a mask, right?"

Douma looks shocked for a moment as ino pulls out kanaos sword and stabs it into the floor in front of her. "This yours?" He asks.

Kanao confirms it. "Dont let him take it again. Not a second passes and a fight is engaged again.

"Kyojuro, stop, we need to help them." I tell him as he applies pressure to my tummy. He had lifted the bottom of my shirt enough to bandage it sloppily and apply pressure to stop it bleeding.

"You'll bleed out and die if I stop." Is all he says. I grab his hand and he look at my eyes.

"If I die, then so be it. I'm not even supposed to be here. No, I don't want to die, I'm scared to but if I'm supposed to, then let it happen, we will met in another life." Tears prick both our eyes but I speak again. "Plus..I've had worse before." I laugh  but kyo is unimpressed.