CHAPTER 16

🌸🌸🌸

Akaza. He's here. Right now. Before all of us. Tanjiro is panting on the ground And I clutch my kusarigama tightly in my hands, waiting for Akaza to move. Kyojuro also has his hands on his hilt waiting to draw his sword. Tanjiro arched his head back to look at the demon, his eyes immediately showing every possible sign of fear once he realised what rank Akaza was.

Upper moon three.

Akaza narrows his eyes at Tanjiro, seeming to know that he has less strength then that of Kyojuro and I and lunges forward to send a punch right into Tanjiro's skull. Kyojuro and I react quick enough and deflect the attack.

Kyojuro uses his second form, Rising Scorching Sun and I use my sixth form, Black Wind Mountain Mist. I use the technique to stab the sickle of my kusarigama into Akaza's leg and pull it from underneath him, resulting in him falling onto his tummy and growling in pure anger as I take my stand in front of Tanjiboy and right next to Kyo. My broken leg pulsating and throbing with nothing but pain, I hiss at my leg and bite the inside of my mouth to try to divert the pain.

"Don't you dare touch him." I hiss at the demon and he jumps up and out of my attack range. He lets his arm put itself together and examines the hole in his leg as it seals shut.

"Nice sword and..." Akaza licks the blood off his palm and glances at my weapon as I twirl it in my hands," ...kusarigama. Too bad I don't fight women you look strong. You unleashed that attack with a broken leg, that is what strength looks like!" He smiles at me but turns to Kyojuro very soon after his remark.

'He regenerates so fast, it's going to be hard to kill him off, but I have to try.' I think to myself as i begin to sweat just thinking about it and because I'm trying to think of things other than my leg.

Kyojuro looks deep in thought, I glance up at him to see if he's okay and he gives me an odd look.

"Stay out of it, don't fight, please. Your leg is still bleeding, sit down." Kyojuro pleads with me not taking his eyes off Akaza for a second, I wanted to do as he told me, but in my heart I know I have to fight, I am here to protect Kyojuro and I am going to do just that, even with a broken leg.

"No, I have to fight, did you not hear what I said in the tr-" I tried to reason with him but he only cut me off.

"I heard you clearly and I believe every word you said but I can't have you fight this demon, he is too strong and you are injured. Please stay back with Tanjiro."

"No. I know what happens in this fight and I'm not going to let it happen. I wont let you die!" I pause as I realise what I just said, now he knows he dies. I saw his eyes widen slightly but he got serious again and spoke.

"I understand how you feel about it, but if I die, then so be it, so stand down." He regained his collected thoughts once again and tried to persuade me but I am to stuborn too listen.

"No. End of conversation." I furrow my eyebrows and take my position in front of Kyojuro, trying to forget any pain I have, spinning one end of my weapon in my right hand, ready to throw it out.

"You two finished yet, you'll both die anyway so I don't understand why you're getting to political about it." Akaza laughs and I frown, Kyojuro doing the same.

"I don't understand why you would target a wounded person." Kyojuro projects his deep voice loud enough for Akaza to hear clearly.

"I thought he would get in the way of our chit chat." Akaza answers Kyojuro's confusion.

"I'm meeting you now for the first time but I already hate you." Kyojuro shoots at him.

"Is that so? Well, I loathe weak humans, too. The sight of a weakling makes my skin crawl." Akaza states.