CHAPTER 22

🌸🌸🌸

As we all found a table for us to sit, I decided on seating between Giyuu and Mitsuri while Kyojuro sat across with Tengen and Sanemi.

We had already ordered what we wanted to eat and I began talking with Giyuu and Mitsuri, unknowing of the glares Giyuu was receiving from a certain someone.

Blinking, I then felt a stare on me as well, and decided on looking around, not being able to find who was glaring at me. “I’m so glad you’re a Hashira now, (Name)-Chan!!!” Mitsuri’s exclaim brought me out of my small daze, a smile quickly appearing on my lips.

“I am too!” I say, making the girl giggle.

“Say, do you know if you’re going to want a tsuguko yet?” Her question made me blink, mentally wondering if it was possible.

But it did make me think of someone, I don't know them too well, but I felt that maybe they would want some help in becoming stronger, of course I would need time to settle I my new estate before I go prancing off in hopes of finding myself my own little tsuguko to train. I think of Amanda, maybe she would accept my offer if I ask her to become my tsuguko.

"I think I do, and I might have someone in mind too, but I need time to settle in first before I go asking her if she wants to be trained under me." I smile at the thought of training her.

Tengen chimes in. "Good job (name), you will be a flamboyant Breeze hashira!"

"Thank you Uzui." I smile at him and everyone nods and agrees with him.

We all laugh and chat through the night, eating our food and drinking to our hearts content. Finally, it gets too late to stay out any longer and so everyone goes home.

I had moved my bedding and clothing into my new estate already but everything is still at Sanemi’s and I'll be in my new estate tonight.

Kyojuro walks me home, not saying a word to me, he didn't even congratulate me on becoming a hashira, I stare at the ground as we walk together a slight frown on my face.

"What's wrong flower?" I hear kyojuro slur his words, he too had been drinking with everyone else, I had a little bit but not enough to get me drunk.

"Nothing." I speed up my walking state and cross my arms.

Kyojuro jogs up behind me and picks me up in his big strong arms and he stops.

"You're lying to me, what's wrong, my little flower?" He asks again.

"Are you not happy that I became a hashira?" I say softly.

Kyojuro puts me down and turns me to face him.

"Of course I am! I am so happy for you! You have come so fa-"

"Then why didn't you say anything? You didn't even say a good job." I say sadly as I cut him off.

"I'm sorry my darling." He apologises as he softly lifts my chin and he looks into my eyes that seem to have become glassy as I hold back a tear.

He kisses my lips gently and pulls away.

"I didn't say it sooner because I wanted alone time to give you these." He pulls a small bag out of his pocket and places it into my hands. "Congratulations my beautiful." He kisses my forehead.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Just open it, open it." He waves his hands and I laugh as I open the tiny bag.

I tip the contents of the tiny bag onto the palm of my hand and smile lovingly at kyojuro as he does the same back to me.

A pair of emerald green earrings lay comfortably in my hand. I examine them closely then I take my current earrings out to replace them.