CHAPTER 8

🌸🌸🌸

Today, I was given a real katana to train with, I needed to gain a feel for a real one, to adjust to the weight. But it didn't feel right, the handle was too big in my hands, it was too heavy, it felt wrong.

"Sanemi-kun, it feels so wrong to hold, it's not comfortable in my hands and it has an awkward heaviness too it, i-is there anything else I could use?" I ask shyly, I don't want to anger him, but the katana just feels wrong, I need something else. "I feel like I need to be using something else, and I know we have been training me with a wooden katana and that felt fine, but this feels weird. I'm sorry." I sat, looking down at the dirt.

"Hmm, don't apologise, you need to use what feels right for you, don't worry, I have an area with different weapons you can use, let's go find you one." He walks over and pats my head and motions for me to follow. I smile and skip behind him like a small child does after they've been given a sweet.

We arrive at a tiny room on the outside of the estate that opens up to a small array of different weapons, I step in and slowly begin to look around.

"Pick a few up and get a feel for them, choose one that is comfortable for you and then you can begin at adapting it to the breathing forms you have already learnt." Sanemi tells me and steps away for a bit to give me space, to let me make my decision.

After feeling a few, my eyes suddenly catch onto something, a chain, but on either end is a sickle, I pick it up and examine it for a while. The chain isn't too heavy and the handles to the sickles feel great in my hands.

Sanemi walks in and observed what I'm holding.

"That? The kusarigama? A wonderful weapon, great for ranger attacks or pulling in enemies to deal a dicing technique." He explains

"If you get the hang of using it and learn to do all nine of the breathing forms I will allow you to go to final selection and use that weapon

"If you get the hang of using it and learn to do all nine of the breathing forms I will allow you to go to final selection and use that weapon." He states as he walks to the door with me following behind, and he closes it after I exit.

"I will do my best sanemi-kun!" I smile.

It's been a few hours now and I have been learning to throw one end of the kusarigama and pull it back into my hand with the chain. It was difficult at first but I began to get a good feel for how to do it and began to do it with my left hand until I was comfortable. After that I had begun to add more difficult spins and twirls into the throws and pull backs. Once I successfully managed to catch it without hurting myself I attempted a breathing technique. The first form: Dust Whirlwind Cutter.

(The swordsman dashes forward and slashes in a horizontal cyclone pattern)

Since I have a kusarigama, I have no need to wash forward, I can remain in one spot and attempt a few slashes from my current position.

Holding one side of the sickles in my left hand and the chain in my right, I began to spin the sickle on my right before throwing it at a training dummy and pulling back towards myself harshly, slashing the dummy across the neck. As the sickles was being pulled back towards me I spun my body in the direction the sickle was coming and quickly snapped my left arm across my body, causing the previously thrown sickle to slash the target a second time at the neck. I pulled it to me and caught the sickle, turning to Sanemi with a grin on my face as I began to jump up and down.