CHAPTER 10

🌸🌸🌸

Final selection has been and done. It wasn't very difficult so I got through it with only a few cuts and bruises, some big and some small. The scar on my neck is now very noticeable, so I have to hide it with a bandage wrap as to not attract any attention to myself and so I don't worry Sanemi or Kyojuro.

As I manage to hobble my way down the dirt road in the dead of night ( i had rolled my ankle on the third day at final selection, how convenient.) I finally catch a glimpse of the lights from sanemi's estate over a small hill.

"Ah...finally not far to go. I'm home Sanemi..." i whisper out as I begin to shiver slightly. I pause for a moment as i feel a light coldness flick the end of my nose.

A snowflake.

"It's snowing? I better move quickly, i might freeze otherwise." I say to myself as I rub my arms up and down to provide heat as a cold breeze hits me head on.

The snowflakes falling more and more, covering the ground within a couple minutes, enough to cover my feet with.

"Why is there so much?" I ask to no one in particular as I slowly trudge on.

The wind gets stronger and the feeling in my toes, fingertips and the tops of my ears is fading away slowly.

"S-so c-cold. . ." I shiver more. "Why a-are my clothes so t-thin?" I whine. My hair whips around in the frosty wind obscuring my vision but I keep going.

I finally reach the door, my frozen fingers struggling to grip the handle. I manage to slide open the door and step inside closing it behind me and stumble sluggishly to the kitchen what i find Sanemi sitting at the table. His forehead it resting on the palms of his hand and he seems to be too lost in thought to notice me staring at him from the doorway.

I step closer about to say something until i hear him mumbling.

"(Name), please come back. Come back." He said it a couple times before I rest my hand on his shoulder.

"Sanemi, I'm back." I smile softly as he jolts and looks up at me with big eyes. He has eye bags under his eyes, has he not been sleeping?

"(Name)? You're hand... its so cold, are you dead? I thought I trained you well and now I'm hallucinating you because I haven't been sleeping. I'm so sorry." He says as he puts his head back into his hands.

'Wow, he's so sleep deprived he looks sick.'

"Dead? No silly, I'm just freezing because I got caught in the snow, you trained me so well and now I'm back." I assure him and he looks at me again with his big eyes and he stands.

He pulls me into a hug and I return it.

"I'm glad your safe." He whispers tiredly.

"Did you worry about me? Is that why you haven't been sleeping well?" I ask, equally as tired as him.

He doesn't say anything and just holds me tighter. He pulls back and looks at my face, examining it for any cuts.

"You're lips are going blue! And you're freezing, I'll go run a bath for you then we can eat, I made a soup, it will warm you right up. I don't want you getting sick." He walks off to fix me a warm bath.

"You're so caring." I say out loud and walk to my room to gather clothes and put my weapon away.

I had finally gathered the change of clothes for after the bath, and I make my way out of the room, wearing a loose yukata since I was going to go in the bath soon. I shut the door and actually lock it, easily letting the Yukata slide off my shoulders and onto the warm floor.