CHAPTER 18

🌸🌸🌸

Kyojuro goes back to his bed after we had a talk about how I shouldn't be so reckless and risk myself being killed for his safety. I felt tired, even if I slept for 4 days I still felt exhausted, so I layed back down in my bed but I didn't close my eyes. I lay there, my hair spread across my pillow, I remember my hair being put up before the mission. Did I loose my hair pin? I didn't bother turning my head But i reached for my side table and tried to feel around for my hair pin, i couldn't find it at first and panicked but gave it a few more hand waves and eventually my hand landed on it.

I sighed to myself with relief as i stare at the ceiling once again, both Kyojuro and me falling into a comfortable silence.

"You tried to tell me something, when I was running us to the village a few days ago but you passed out before you could say it. Do you remember what it was?" Kyojuro suddenly asks me. The question springing up out of no where, surprising me.

"Huh, I said something? I don't remember anything after Akaza hit me. All I remember is Akaza punching me in the tummy and then I hit the ground and tumbled a bit then I felt my blood surrounding me but I couldn't move. I don't remember saying anything." I tell him cluelessly as I look to the side to meet his eye.

"Hmm, that's okay, if you don't remember then it mustn't be important." He said

"Yeah, your right." I agree.

The door slowly creeps open and I look over at it slowly, not wanting to open up the stitches in my tummy by moving too much, Kyojuro scolded my before when I sat up because I began to bleed again.

Sanemi walks in sluggishly with his head hanging low as he closes the door behind him. He's holding a small bag in his hands and puts it on my bedside table then grabs a chair and puts it next to my bed.

"Good morning Sanemi." I smile at him and his head jolts up, his eyes meeting mine.

"You're awake!" He shouts and runs out of the room.

"O-oh..." I turn to Kyo. "Did he not want to see me awake?" I ask sadly.

"No no, he was told to go get Kocho as soon as you woke up. I can't get up so I can't get her. It's because she has something for you." He explains with a small yawn.

"Something for me?" I ask rhetoricly.

Kyojuro falls asleep 5 minutes later and about half an hour passes before anyone comes back.

Shinobu comes through the door holding a small vile with a coral-pink liquid in it. My eyes land on it quickly and I shrink in my covers. Sanemi following behind her.

"Hi..Shinobu..is..is that for me?" I asked, fully afraid, hoping its not mine.

"Of course it is! It's to help with that scar and there's some more medication for you to take for these wounds." She points to a packaging on my bedside table then to the small blood stain coming through my clothing on my stomach.
"Did you move? You've opened up the gash in your tummy again." She says with a smile but I can see through that smile. She is pissed.

"I'm sorry shinobu, I didn't mean to." I cover half my face with the covers, trying to get a small as possible because this situation is getting no better than it was before.

She sighs the hands me the vile of muck that I am supposed to drink. It smells atrocious and undrinkable. I don't take it from her, but I hide my hands because I don't want it.

I shake my head and an irk mark appears on her forehead.

"You have to have it. Quickly now, it's not that bad." She presses the bottle to my lips but I keep my mouth sealed shut.