CHAPTER 17

🌸🌸🌸

The battle between human and demon, Kyojuro and Akaza, continues on. Kyojuro is beyond pissed off, having me aid him in battle and only getting harmed doesn't sit particularly well with him. He's in no better shape then I am though, his left eye has been crushed and Akaza managed to land a blow on Kyojuro's stomach, shattering his ribs and doing damage to his internal organs.

Kyojuro stands with his back to the young boys, breathing heavily but slowly and gripping onto his katana tightly.

"Don't die on me, Kyojuro." Akaza says with a bored tone in his voice

Blood dribbles down Kyojuro's chin as he stands there, looking directly at Akaza with a wide eye and panting, trying to regain his breath.

"Even if you fight to death, you can't win, Kyojuro. Those impressive slashes you inflicted upon me have already healed completely." Akaza states and places a hand over his chest, showing the slice in his flesh healing suddenly.

"But what about you? A smashed eye, shattered ribs and damaged internal organs... all irreparable. If you were a demon you'd heal in a blink of and eye. Those would be mere scratches for a demon. You can struggle all you want, but a human can never beat a demon." Akaza says with his bored tone still as he outstretched his arms to try and persuade Kyojuro.

____

I open my eyes slowly, trying to take in my surroundings, I sit up slowly and hear someone speaking. I look to the source of the voice, my eyes widening when I see that it's Akaza trying to convince Kyo to become a demon. I take a deep breath and examine the state Kyojuro is in from where I am seated and know exactly what is going to happen next.

I grab the handle of one end of my kusarigama and push myself off the ground, shutting out any pain I feel from my broken leg, my bleeding head, broken ribs and anywhere else I have been harmed.

I take a stand slowly and watch as Kyojuro pants heavily, trying to use his breathing techniques to reduce the pain he is in. I take slow and very wobbly steps towards him, occasionally taking a glance at Akaza.

Kyojuro ceases his panting and regains his composure, an aura so strong erupts from around him, taking in the shape of his signature flames. His cape and hair flowing majestically behind him as he now gets serious, he grips onto his sword and takes his stance.

"Kyojuro, why... don't keep...fighting..." I try to say out loud but my chest hurts from when I stopped him from hitting the train. My lungs feel like they're full of blood.

Kyojuro lifts his sword over his shoulder and smiles wide, like he isn't in pain and hurting.

"I will fulfill my duty! I will not allow anyone here to die!" He gets ready to unleash his attack.

"No no no no no no no!" Is all I could say, it's all that was in my head. He's going to die here and I wouldn't be of any help, I wont be able to save him.

. . .It's all my fault. . .

"Flame Breathing..." flames encase him and his sword, making him look stronger tenfold. Akaza shakes for a second with anticipation, exclaiming that Kyojuro has a tremendous fighting spirit despite all the injuries he has.

Akaza grins and laughs sinisterly. " You have to become a demon after all, Kyojuro! Let's fight each other for all eternity!" Akaza yells.

Kyojuro sets his heart ablaze, pumping all his energy into his arms and legs to give him a big push, going beyond his limits.

"I am the Flame Hashira, Kyojuro Rengoku! Ninth form...Rengoku!" Kyojuro shouts at the top of his lungs.

"Destructive Death... Annihilation type!" Akaza yells just as loud, crouching down into position.