CHAPTER 33

🌸🌸🌸

Silence was quite loud, and it got even louder the longer her eyes remained on mine, slowly widening as her lips slowly parted as well.

“I-It’s okay if you don’t wa—“

“I WOULD LOVE TO BE YOUR TSUGUKO, (NAME)!!!”

Her shout made me flinch, specially since she had jumped into my arms like an excited child. But that only warmed my heart as I let out a breath I didn’t know I was holding.

“THATS GREAT THEN!!” I squealed, and she did as well as we both shared the same energy, anime sparkles all I could imagine as we continued to jump up and down like toddlers.

Most of her training was with me and the other lower ranked demon slayers since I had to train them anyway but sometimes I would give everyone a break and just train Amanda because she begged me to. She has gotten stronger since I saw her with that lowermoon but not strong enough to hold out long enough against an uppermoon. Training her isn't difficult, she is a very fast learner and very open to criticism and looks for new ways to improve.

It's been about five and a half months now since I asked her to become my tsuguko and she has improved on her sword skills greatly. She trains day and night and exhausts herself to the point where she can no longer stand on her two feet.

She trains so much despite being a demon slayer already and have already been to final selection.

"Amanda?" I gain her attention as she trains her sword skills with some helpful criticism from me.

"Yes?" She turns to me.

"Why do you force yourself to train so much? You're already a demon slayer and have no need for final selection? Why do you push yourself?" I ask as I pat her shoulders.

She stares at me for a moment and a huge smile grown on her face. "It's because I want to be like you, you're so strong and protect others from everything, you even protected me. But I want to be stronger so I can protect you, you have done so much for me and I will never be able to thank you enough. I want to be able to help you when we finally face muzan once and for all!"

I appear frozen at her words and unable to comprehend a thing, but a soft smile pulls at my face and I give Amanda a hug.

"You're such a kind child, it's nice to have someone like you around." I say as I pull away from our little hug.

"You remind me of my little sister." Amanda spoke. "She was just like you, I wish you could have met her, I just wasn't strong enough to save her then." She says as she looks at the ground.

My eyes widen slightly, she had a little sister? Hearing her say that broke my heart and I told her to take a break and get some food.

"But I must keep training." She reasons.

"No, go eat."

"I want to train."

"Are you...*gasp*...defying the wishes on your superior?!" I say with a fake gasp as I hold a hand over my chest to pretend that I'm hurt. "H-how could you do this to me, I'm hurt." I turn away quickly to seem more dramatic and Amanda panics.

"Ah! No! Of course not! I'm sorry! I'll go now!" And she runs inside to go eat.

Not very long after, I walk outside again and find her training once more and I frown at her while I watch her train for a minute.

"Amanda!" I shout and sigh a little. "Fine..lets spar huh?" I suggest and her eyes glisten in the sun light.

"Really!" She exclaimed and jumped up.