4

You fell asleep surprisingly fast and woke up feeling incredibly refreshed what wasn't exactly something you are used to.
Now, you aren't sure why that was the case but you wouldn't complain about it so you swing your legs off of the bed and walk over to your bathroom to do your hair and wash your face.
Vaela comes to pick you up again and she brings you down into the washing room where Mikaela and Yvone are already putting freshly washed clothes.

,,Good morning", Mikaela greets you and you smile at her, not failing to notice the grumpy expression on Yvones face.
,,Oh, don't mind her", Mikaela giggles at your questioning gaze and turns back to her work ,,She tends to be in a bad mood in the early morning".
,,Understandable", you say and step closer to the blonde girl, the sound of the door closing behind you showing that Vaela had left ,,Now, what do I have to do?".
,,Take the clothes out of the washer and hang them like this. Watch", Mikaela takes a white, gigantic towel and walks to the back of the room where she steps on a  small ladder and hangs the fabric over a string that was attached to the opposite walls of the room ,,Be careful that it is stretched out evenly so there won't be any wrinkles".
'That doesn't sound too complicated' you think and join Mikaela at the back of the room but you underestimated the size of some of the towels and realize that lifting a gigantic, soaked towel surely isn't that easy.

You and the girls work in silence for a while, a yawn comes from Yvone here and then and you don't mind the lack of a conversation. The last evening replays in your head over and over again and you find yourself staring off into the distance more than one time, imagining you're staring into the lady's eyes instead.

Not even a blood flooded cellar could scare you away from the thought that that woman is insanely beautiful.

,,So… Y/N…", Yvone then raises her voice and you glance at her over your shoulder.
,,Did you do what we told you to do?".
,,You mean, visiting the basement?".
,,Exactly".
The two girls look at you attentively and you bite down onto your tongue softly, giving them a nod.
,,And did you find something?", Mikaela asks.
,,You can say that I did, yeah", you let out  a little sigh ,,But I also got caught, kinda".

,,What… What do you mean?", Mikaelas dark eyes widen a little ,,The daughters showed up?".
,,Not them?".
,,Lady Dimitrescu?!".
You just nod. 

Yvone and Mikaela exchange a look and then they both approach you slowly. ,,And nothing happened?".
,,Obviously not", you raise your eyebrows and step down from the ladder ,,It suprised me, too. I had a near heart attack when I realized that she showed up but, well. She told me that I did well yesterday and she wouldn't punish a good worker… Or whatever".
,,Damn", Mikaela shakes her head ,,That is honestly impressive".
,,But why? What exactly is going on around here?", you ask and Yvone takes a deep breath.

,,Listen. I bet you have heard of the stories that people who start working here tend to disappear, right?".
You nod.
,,Basically said… When screw up, do something wrong or behave a way that you shouldn't, the same will happen to you", Yvone continues ,,And it's an open secret what happens to those who never show up again. We used to work with another girl before you and, let's just say the lady got angry with her. The next day her room was empty and Vaela told us that we would only work as a pair from now on".
,,What happened to her?", you ask, feeling a little uneasy.
,,Nobody truly knows what happens", Mikaela shrugs ,,They get tortured, that is obvious. And the lady uses their blood for… Well, for her wine".

You stare at the girl with parted lips and widened eyes, and you feel your chest tightening when a dark thought comes to your head. That could have happened to you yesterday.

,,Wine?", you repeat in shock ,,She drinks that stuff? With blood?".
,,She and her daughters do", Yvone send a nervous look over to the door ,,That's why you really have to be careful. If only I had known about this before I started working here. Now there is no way out of this. Either you work until you make a mistake or you try to run away and they catch you".