8

After the heartwarming conversation with Lady Dimitrescu you go back to your book and the woman takes the bowl with her to bring it back to the kitchen. She is lost in her thoughts as she heads downstairs and she is wondering how that Moroaica could enter the castle in the first place.
She was aware of those creatures haunting the cellar but somehow one must have escaped the maze down there.

There only was one way how that could have happened: someone left the door to the basement open.
And she was going to find out who it was.

She wouldn't let anyone get away with being the cause of her precious maid getting hurt.

Alcina opens the door to the kitchen and bends down to enter the empty room. The maids already finished cleaning up and she places the bowl next to one of the sinks. They'd have to clean this up later.

In order to find out who let the Moroaica in she has to know who was the last one to leave the basement and she already has a feeling who might be able to tell her. 

,,Cassandra? Daniela? Bela? Come here, now", she shouts and a second later her daughters come swarming into the room, manifesting in front of her with slightly questioning gazes.
,,Mother, what's wrong?", the oldest asks, she instantly recognized the expression on Alcinas face.

,,Has anyone of you sent someone down to the basement last evening or night?", Alcina says and the three girls exchange a look.
Cassandra then turns back to her mother and she nods. ,,I asked one of the Maids to go down there and throw some stuff away."
,,Who was it?", Alcina starts becoming inpatient.

,,What's her name again… Right, Ingrid", Cassandra tilts her head to the side ,,But why are you asking?".
,,Because she was the one who let the Moroaica in that injured Y/N", her mother says and clenches her jaw ,,And she needs to be punished for that. If such a  mistake happens once, it will happen another time".
,,We can take care of that", Daniela says with a smug grin and Cassandra nods.

Alcina chuckles at their excitement. ,,Of course, go have fun. But don't drain all of her, leave some for me".
,,Of course, mother", Bela smiles widely and after the girls exchange another glance they tell Alcina good bye and disappear.

She looks after the last fly that slips through the door and then lets out a sigh. Maybe sending her daughters to get that girl was a little harsh, she was aware that Ingrids disappearance would cause the people in the village to start talking again, but Alcina would not take the risk of her screwing up and letting someone get hurt again, especially not someone that she was drawn to.

Sure, Alcina could simply fire Ingrid and find a replacement, yet she knew that once the girls aren't under her control anymore, the stories of the happenings in the castle would spread in the village like a cold and she sure wouldn't let that happen.
It was easier to just get rid of them.

In the meantime her daughters found Ingrid who is in the kitchen scrubbing pans and the girls face turns white as snow when she sees them standing around her out of the sudden.
The other maids stay right where they are and watch the scene with fright in their eyes as the daughters take Ingrid with them, ignoring the begs and cries that she doesn't know what she did wrong.

They bring her down to the basement and even though thick walls, floors and doors seperate them from the other inhabitants of the castle, the screams of the girl while her life comes to an end could be heard loud and clear.

Covered in blood, the three daughters watch Ingird take her last breath and Cassandra starts grinning.
,,What a shame she will never know what she did", she says and Bela crooks an eyebrows after cleaning up her sick with her tongue. ,,What do you mean?".