25

(a/n:  the moment we all have been waiting for… Enjoy :D)

Cold fingertips run over the skin of your neck and Alcina lays her other arm around your waist, chuckling lightly.
,,Tell me, Y/N. What's on your mind?"

'You' you think with a sigh and shake your head.
,,It's nothing. I'm just worried about your injuries", you say instead and your eyes flicker up to hers, a playful expression appearing on the woman's face.
,,Is that all?", she says and the way she touches you softly leaves you with goosebumps all over your back.

'She totally noticed' is all you can think and then her hand cups your face, her thumb making a gentle caress on your cheek.

,,My wound is perfectly fine, love", Alcina leans down to you until her face is just a little too close to you to focus, your heart is starting to beat quicker and she smiles ,,You did very well".
,,I'm glad to hear that", you say and raise your hand to the the one that is cupping your face, intertwining your fingers with hers ,,It's my job… After all".

,,Is this only a job for you? Is it only about work?", She then asks teasingly and for a moment you hesitate.
It hasn't ever really been about working and as you stare at Alcina you realize that you know very well what spending time with her is about. 

You shake your head lightly and inhale deeply. You want to be honest.
,,It's about you", you finally say in an oddly quiet tone and Alcina stares at you for a moment, her bright eyes unreadable until the corners of her mouth curl upward and she traces the skin of your cheek softly.
Then her gaze drops down to your lips, just as your eyes did earlier and a breath gets caught in the back of your throat.
,,May I?", she asks softly to which you reply with a quick nod.

And as your heartbeat starts drumming in your ears she leans forward, her other hand gripping your waist and you close your eyes when the softness of her lips meets yours.
You place your left hand on her shoulder, leaning into the woman while your mouth curls into a light smile and you feel her pulling you even closer. There is something comforting in the way she holds you, something gentle and calming in the way her lips move on yours and even though the kiss only lasts for a few seconds, it still awakes something in you.
Something you can't quite grasp.

Alcina leans her forehead against yours, you open your eyes while her eyelids remain covering hers and seeing her this close in front of you only increases the feeling of adoration in you. Everything about her is simply beautiful.

,,You really are one of a kind, y/n", she mumbles and gives you a gentle kiss on the tip of your nose which brings a smile to your lips. ,,You think so?".
,,I sure do".

You let your gaze trail over her shoulders and your fingertips run over her collarbones a little, noticing that her arms starts to feel loose around your waist and you furrow your eyebrows.
,,Alcina?", you ask but the woman doesn't reply and you can't help the grin when you realize that she probably fell asleep.
Understandable, looking back at the things that happened today and also that she got injured, she must be more than exhausted

'The last thing she did before dozing off was kissing me…' you think and for some reason that gives you a warm feeling in your chest. Whatever it is… It is something special that only Alcina can awake in you.

You let your head rest on her shoulder, sighing quietly as you continue your light caress on her skin and you can't help but wonder how she feels about you.
What does this mean for the both of you?

For you, being with her means comfort. Safety. You found someone you can trust in her, not only with your thoughts and worries, but also simply with yourself. In her presence you don't have to be anyone except your normal self. 
No having to change character or having to stand out.
She likes you for being… Well, you.
Now you'd only have to define the weight of the word "like".