37

(a/n: i am so so sorry for the long wait again. I didn't forget about the story, don't worry. I had to write a ton of class tests and had an internship and had no time to do anything but sleep and eat. Now I have a two week fall break and I'll try to write as much and quick as I can so you don't have to wait another two/three weeks. Now, I hope you enjoy the chapter and thank you so much for your patience <33)

The fact that Alcina didn't and couldn't know how Y/N was and what Miranda might have done to her drove her mad, and after a few outbursts of unusual strong emotions she locked herself in her chambers so her family wouldn't see her like this.
Hurt, angry and frustrated, especially because she knows that she has to wait until she can confront Miranda. She alone wouldn't stand a chance against that woman and it would do nothing good if she'd be stubborn and go to find her on her own.

Now she is sitting at one of the windows, her cigarette in the right hand and a glass of wine in the other, her eyebrows furrowed and she stares into the distance while letting her thoughts wander.
She went through all different kinds of conditions her love might be in right now and does the same thing again, seeing pictures before her eyes that almost caused her to jump up and leave to find the girl on her own.
Alcina knows what Miranda is capable of doing and the knowledge doesn't exactly calm her down.
It actually does the exact opposite of that.

Hours had already passed when she had emptied her wine, which doesn't contain blood as usual and Alcina leans her head back, closing her eyes for a moment as she takes a drag of her cigarette.
A knock on the door comes to her ear a second later and she crooks an eyebrow, but doesn't turn around when she says: ,,Come in".

Light steps enter the room right after and she relaxes a little as she realizes who it is.
,,The girls went hunting for you", Donna says quietly and hands Alcina a cup with a darkred liquid inside ,,It isn't as good as… You know, human blood, but it should do the job".
The corners of Alcinas mouth raise a slight bit and she mumbles a quick 'Thank you' before drowning the liquid in one sip. She makes a face at the unusual taste, but she is thankful nonetheless that her daughters and Donna thought of her, even after she really acted quite… rude towards them.
Donna remains next to her, the smaller woman eyes the forest near the castle and she sighs.

,,How did this even happen?", she asks in a low tone and Alcina furrows her eyebrows.
,,Miranda can't stand seeing us happy, that's what happened".
,,I know. That's not what I meant", Donna eyes her sister and her lips curl upwards ,,You and Y/N. It's been some time since I have seen you that drawn to somebody."
Alcina stays silent for a little longer, aware that Donna is still watching her curiously and finally her lips twitch slightly, forming a soft smile.
,,She unexpectedly barged into my room a couple of times, she caught my eye just with being her, I got a little protective and then she had my heart", she says and lowers her head ,,Don't ask me how, why or when. It just… Well, it just happened".
,,She barged into your room and kept her head?", Donna giggles ,,You being in love is both unususal and adorable".
Alcina rolls her eyes, the gentle smile on her face doesn't leave though and she shrugs.
,,I assume it is".

The two women stare off into the distance for another minute before Donna raises her voice again, with a soft expression in her eyes as she looks at her sister and says: ,,What matters now is that we get your prince back from that evil woman".
,,My prince?", Alcina repeats and chuckles ,,Donna, my love, this isn't one of your romance books. She isn't a prince".
,,I know", Donna laughs and rests her forhead against Alcinas arm ,,But don't you think the title suits her? She makes you happy! And that's what princes do with their princesses too".
,,So, I'm the princess?", Alcinas smile grows at the exitement of her sister as she nods with a wide grin.
,,Of course you are. You are even more beautiful than a princess though",

Donna furrows her eyebrows a little when she roams her eyes, which aren't hidden behind her veil for once, over Alcina who shakes her head.
,,You're just trying to cheer me up", she says and Donna looks at her as if the taller woman just yelled at her.
,,Excuse me? I'm being honest!".
,,I'm sure you are".

Donna takes a tiny step back and watches Alcina in slight confusion. She has never been the best at reading people and now the woman appears to be a little displeased with Donnas presence.
,,Do you…. Want me to leave you alone?", she asks hesitantly and Alcina immediately looks at her, shaking her head.
,,No, please. Stay", Alcina says quietly ,,I'd love some company".
,,Okay, give me a second", Donna rushes to the other side of the room to take one of the chairs and she pulls it with her.
Alcina watches with a gentle smile as Donna takes a seat and looks up to Alcina with a warm expression in her eyes.
,,So? Anything you want to talk about?".

 Pure darkness around you, light buzzing of something that you can only assume are machines is filling your ears and from time to time you can hear a light breath coming from Mia when the woman changes her position and moves her legs a little.
Your head is leaned back against the cold metal of the bars and you sigh.

,,I know this might not be the right time or situation for that, but does she bring us anything to eat?", you ask.
,,Yeah, she did bring me something", Mia inhales deeply ,,But I don't know when that was. Time is hard to tell down here".
,,Okay", you make a face at the rumbling of your stomach and cross your legs beneath you.

,,Can I ask you something?", you speak out again after some time and Mia humms ,,What even happened with you here? Why are you… Why did Miranda bring you here?".
,,If only I would know", Mia sighs and you flinch a little when something touches your shoulder, but it is only her head resting on you now.
,,She didn't say anything", she adds ,,I just woke up here. Miranda is the only one I've seen so far and… Yeah. I have no idea what she wants. Sometime she mumbles to herself though I never understand what that woman is saying".
,,Did she… Did she ever mention Rose?", you ask slowly and Mia immediately lifts her head.
,,Rose? My daughter? Why…. How do you know her?", she sounds warily ,,Did something happen?".
,,No, don't worry", you say quickly and shake your head ,,I'm just asking. Ethan mentioned her, but everything should be alright".

Mia sighs and you have the feeling she calms down a little, so you decide to try and distract her further so she doesn't ask any more questions.
,,You'll see, I am sure they are searching for us already and they will save us", you say ,,Ethan and Chris are going to be here in a few days".
,,Are you sure?".
,,I a-"-

Suddenly a blight flash fills the room and after spending hours in the dark the light blinds you, so you squint your eyes shut and growl, and you stop talking.
,,Well, well", a cold voice fills the room, causing you and Mia to turn around and now you get a glance at the woman beside you before you face Miranda.
,,Hello, my dear guests", she says with an evil smile and her eyes fixiate on you ,,Come here, little one. I want to get a closer look at you".
You look over to Mia for a moment, unsure if you should follow the womans order and Mia nods quickly.
So you get up from the floor, your muscles and ancles aching from not moving in such a long time and you slowly walk toward the blonde woman.
She watches you attentively, as if she was watching her prey doing its last steps and to say that you felt uncomfortable would be an understatement

Then, the second you are close enough the hand comes through the bars and grabs your jaw, her claws dig into your skin and you make a face at the painful feeling, but pulling away now would leave deep scratches so you remain where you are.
,,So… You are Alcinas little pet", she says with a dangerously calm voice and her eyes scan you from an uncomfortable small distance ,,I've already wondered why I could still smell a human around her room after everyone had died…".
,,What?", you exclaim and she just grins, moving your face from side to side.
,,You are a pretty one, I must say", she mumbles ,,What a shame Alcina won't see you again".
,,Wh-". Before you can put your shock and confusion to words she lets go of your face, pushing you back so you stumble backwards and collide with the hard floor.
A pain jolts through your back at the harsh landing and you whimper, just as two bowls of cold soup get shoved through the iron bars and within another second, Miranda disappears.