33

The Duke was somebody or something that nobody, including himself, really understood.
He holds all the knowledge over the four lords, he helped Ethan to find out where to find them, he was a buisness man as well and he always showed up exactly when needed.
Heisenberg always found him a little odd since he seemingly didn't belong to any side, neither the good or bad one and when Salvatore spoke out the problem that they somehow had to contact Winters, his mind instantly wandered to the big man.
If Winters still is somewhere out there, the Duke would know and he would be able to send Ethan a message, they appeared to be friends after all.

The next day, Karl leaves the castle quite early in hopes to find the Duke, even though he has no idea where to look for him. It wouldn't be easy to find him, yet it was something very personal to Karl to make sure that he would. Not only because he wanted to see Miranda dead, he also had the wish to see Ethan again and know that he is okay.
After he got the flask from Karl, the bearded man made his way to Moreau since he knew that Ethan got the flask from him as well and when he looked back, he spotted a winged person and the man on an open field near the factory.
Karl would have gone back, but the woman doesn't only go on his nerves, he also knew that she had the power to kill him.

And he didn't quite plan on dying yet.

Karl marches along the empty roads of the village, his hammer lying over his shoulder and he roams his eyes over the empty houses.
Knowing that his lycans caused all this didn't exactly give him the best feeling and he takes a deep breath.
It wasn't soley his fault. Miranda told him to let the monsters free and he didn't give it a second thought.
Maybe he should have done that.

In the distance, Karl spots something in the sky and it takes him a moment to realize that that thing he is seeing is a helicopter, which is slowly coming closer and closer. Maybe somebody else started searching for Ethan as well.
Karl picks up a quicker pace for his steps and his eyes roam over his surroundings, hoping to see the carriage somewhere. 
If he doesn't find the Duke, he had to find another way to contact Ethan and taking in perspective that the man hates Karl and the other lords, and they can't talk to him directly, that might not be that easy.

You feel a gentle touch on your shoulders, a light breath on your forehead and then Alcina shakes you lightly, fully waking you up.
,,Good morning, my love", she mumbles into your ear and places a gentle kiss on your hair, causing you to smile.
,,Good morning ", you say quietly and nuzzle your face into her neck ,,Did you sleep well?".
,,I did, but I have to get up now", she chuckles ,,Would you mind letting me leave the bed?".
,,But I am too comfortable", you mumble and she gently strokes your hair ,,And you are warm for once".
,,That is probably because I had you lying on me the whole night", Alcina says with a little laugh ,,Please, darling. I will be right back".
,,Hm… Fine".

You slide from her and sit on the mattress with your back against the pillows now, pouting a little and you watch her as she gets up from the bed.
She notices your expression and shakes her head with a smile, before she leaves through the door.
For one more moment you look after her, then you pull up the blanket again and snuggle back into the warmth. Being in constant pain is somewhat tiring, so you close your eyes once more, only opening them again when you can make out steps out in the corridor.

,,Tsk, tsk", an amused chuckle, coming from Alcina who enters the room fills the silence ,,Sleeping again?".
,,No", you murmur into the pillow, only to feel the blanket being pulled away from you and you immediately scoot up at the sudden cold.
,,You didn't have to do that", you say grumpily as she approaches the bed and she just sends you a charming smile.
,,How else am I going to be able to treat you, darling?", Alcina purrs and only now you notice the cloth and bottle in her hands, so you nod slowly.
She sits down on the mattress and places the utils on the nightstand. 
,,Now, be a good girl for me and lie down".