9

(a/n: I couldn't sleep so here is another chapter :) Hope you enjoy!)

Having to decide between what is the right thing and what is the wrong thing is always hard, but for Daniela it was simply nerve wrecking.
She strolled through the halls the next day, after checking up on Y/N and seeing she went back to work, and tried to figure out if she should tell her mother about Cassandra and that she was the one who let the Moroaica in.

It wouldn't make much of a difference since Ingrid is gone and her friend is doing better again, yet what if Cassandra thinks that just because she got away with it, she could do it again?

A loud sigh escapes the girls lips and she stares out of the window at the end of the corridor, watching the snow fall slowly and she starts to think that it would be for the better if she told her mother. She didn't want the risk of Y/N getting hurt again.

So she turns around, going the same way back until she stands in front of the room where her mother spends most time in, her own.
Quietly she places a hand on the doorknob and pushes it open to slip inside the room, her eyes immediately falling on the darkhaired woman who is sitting on the arm chair in front of her bed. She is distracted by the book in her hands and doesn't even notice that her daughter came in.

,,Mother?", Daniela speaks up nervously and the tall woman raises her eyes up from the page she was looking at.
,,Yes, love?", she says and furrows her eyebrows, noticing the way her child was fidgeting what wasn't usual for her ,,Is something wrong?".

,,No… I mean, yes. Kind off", Daniela sighs and Alcina gestures her to come closer.
,,What happened?", she asks softly and her daughter inhales deeply.

,,The thing with the Moroaica", the red-haired girl starts, causing Alcina to listen up attentively ,,It wasn't Ingrid who left the door open. Cassandra did. And I know, we should never rat each other out like that but… Y/N is my friend. I mean I hope she is, but I am just a little worried that Cassandra will do something like that again and maybe then nobody will get to her in time and…".
Her voice breaks and she stares down to the carpet. 

,,So… Cassandra lied to me?", Alcina asks and closes her book ,,But why?".
,,She wanted fresh prey", Daniela mumbles ,,So she made up that story and…. Yeah".

Normally Alcina wouldn't care if her daughters victim is innocent or not, she would just be happy that her girls had their fun. 
In this case though she would have to have a talk with Cassandra. Not because she has empathy for Ingrid, she didn't exactly waste a single thought on her, but she does worry about Y/Ns well-being and Daniela isn't the only one who likes that girl more than just a little.

,,Thank you for telling me, Daniela ", Alcina says directed to her youngest and the red-haired girl gives her mother a little nod ,,I will talk to her".
,,Thanks", Daniela says quietly and she can't help but feel a little guilty, even though it is probably for the better that her mother was aware of what Cassandra did.

The girl leaves the room again and once the door falls close behind her she takes a deep breath. This was the right decision.

In the meantime, Alcina gets up from her chair and lays the book back on her nightstand, before she fixes her hat in the mirror and she steps out of her room as well. She would let her girls get away with literally anything, but not with hurting Y/N.

Her quick steps bring her to Cassandra's room where she usually is at this time and she finds her daughter sitting there, sharpening her sickle. 
,,Cassandra? We need to talk".

Something that the lady didn't notice on her way to confront her daughter was the terrifyingly angry expression she had on her face and Mikaela, who was just about to enter the washing room to get back to you and Yvone, freezes in her actions as the woman rushes past her.