7

(a/n: This chapter took a little longer to write than the rest because I had an exam and another thing caused me to suffer from some bad anxiety but here it is! )

The next time you wake up sunlight is flooding your room and it takes you a moment to get used to the brightness, covering your eyes with your hand while another curtain gets pulled open and even more light enters through the windows.
In light confusion, with a sharp pain in your leg and still feeling quite tired you sit up and watch Vaela opening one of the windows for some fresh air.

She turns around to you and a smile creeps over her face while she walks up to you.
,,Good morning, Y/N", she says ,,Did you sleep well?".
You nod and ask yourself if she knew about what happened last night. And you also wonder if Lady Dimitrescu would actually show up to check up on you.
,,How are you feeling? How is your leg?", the woman runs her dark eyes over you and crooks an eyebrow ,,You look a little pale."

So she does know. Did Lady Dimitrescu tell her?

,,I'm okay but my leg is… Well, it really, really hurts", you say and in a swift move Vaela flips the blanket off your legs to take a look at the wound.
,,Oh, yeah. That does not look well", she shakes her head and stares at your calve for another moment before she lies the blanket back down ,,You'll stay in bed today and rest, okay? Tomorrow we'll see if you're fit enough again".
,,Okay", you can't really say anything against that and surely you wouldn't protest against another day without any work, even though you feel like staying in bed the whole time might get boring .

But for the moment you don't even care about that and once the door falls close behind Vaela after she leaves she room you sink right back into your soft pillow, already drifting back to sleep.

The next time you wake up it is caused by a tickling feeling on your nose and chin, and you slowly blink while trying to remove whatever is on your face with your hand. You hear a light buzzing sound and of course you know what that means so you instantly scoot up and your eyes fall on an awkwardly grinning Daniela, who is standing next to your bed and is holding something behind her back.

,,Hey", you say, slightly confused about the girls presence in your room and run a hand through your messy hair, trying to fix it a little. She was your superior after all, even though she really didn't act like it and her seeing you looking as if you stuck a hand into an outlet is just a little degrading.

,,Hi, sorry that I woke you up, but…", Daniela stares up to the ceiling for a split second before looking down to you again ,,You know, mother told us not to disturb you today because you're injured and need rest but I thought that maybe you get bored staying in your room the whole time so…", the red-haired girl pulls out a book from behind her back and hands it to  you ,,I thought I'd bring you this."

Your eyes scan the cover and your face lights up when you recognize it as the book you started to read in the library yesterday.

,,Thank you", you say with a smile and Daniela shrugs it off.
,,No problem", she sends you a crooked grin ,,I just passed it while I was at the library and… Nobody likes being stuck in a room the whole day with nothing to do".
,,Still".

Daniela shrugs again and then lets out a sigh. ,,I'd like to stay and give you some company, but I'm afraid mother will be mad if I do so, so I'll better get going".
,,Okay", you nod and simply the fact that she thought about you gives you a joyful feeling ,,No problem. But thanks, again".

The girl grins and turns around to open the door, where she gives you a tiny good-bye-wave and then she disappears into the usual swarm of flies, leaving you alone.
You look down onto the book in your hand and since the feeling of tiredness had vanished, you lean back into your pillows and open the page where you left off.