35

In the middle of the following night, you wake up and find yourself snuggled to Alcinas side, your head resting on her shoulder and her arm drapped around your waist.
You were dreaming and somebody in your dream had called your name, but you quickly realized that the voice was there outside your dream and now you sit up, eyebrows arched as you listen closely if you can hear that voice again.
A few moments pass in silence, then you make out your name being called and you stare into the dark, confused, because you are sure that it's Daniela that you are hearing.

,,What's up with her?", you mumble, just as she calls another time, sounding louder this time and you sigh before you leave the warmth of the blankets, giving Alcina, who is sleeping calmly, a last look, before you head out of the door.
Your confusion only grows when you hear Daniela again and you shake your head.
,,If she plays a prank on me now…", you think, yet the way she says your name it almost sounds urgent. Maybe she messed something up, but why would she need your help? And why didn't she just come by the room?

The next time she calls your name, she sounds a lot closer to you and you try to make out where she is, but the dark makes it a lot harder to see anything or anyone.
,,Dani?", you call out and almost immediately, she answers.
,,Yes, I am here".
That came from the floor on the left.
You slowly walk around the corner, a sudden uneasy feeling spreads in your chest and now you can see the redhaired girl standing in the middle of the hallway. Something about this situation is completely off.

With a decreasing pace you approach her and she doesn't move a single inch.
,,Are you alright?", you ask, but she doesn't answer.
Her face remains without any emotions and her eyes appear cold as they watch you coming closer.
,,Did something happen?". Again, no answer.
You come to a stop and now you are standing right in front of her, eyeing her attentively and in mild curiosity and you don't know what to do.
Something makes you feel like that isn't Daniela and now that you take a closer look at her, it is like she isn't actually awake.
,,Dani, are you sleep walking?".

Now there is movement in the girls face and an unpleasant shiver crawls over your back while you watch her lips curl into a slight grin, and she take a step closer to you.

,,No, but you are".

You don't have the time to ask what the hell she means nor to back away from her, her hand suddenly grips your neck and you stare at her with widened eyes, your grab her wrist and try to get away from her grip, but she only tightens her fist.
,,Dani, stop", you whisper out in your last breath as the world suddenly turns dark, your body grows limp and you loose your consciousness

A pale hand wanders over the right side of the pillow that got cold hours ago, fingertips search for the contact to the warmth of skin and when Alcina notices the lack of weight next to her, she scoots up and eyes your side of the bed with furrowed eyebrows.
How come she didn't notice you leaving?
She takes a look at the clock, now growing even more confused when she sees it is barely past eight, knowing that these days you never get up earlier than nine am.
'Maybe Vaela got her to help with something', Alcina thinks, but she checks the bathroom first to make sure that you really aren't anywhere near.
Then she peeks out into the corridor, she calls for you two, three times in hopes that maybe you just are wandering around the corridors, but instead of you, Bela shows up in the hallway.

,,Did something happen? Where is Y/N?", she asks, still looking a little sleepy and Alcina shakes her head.
,,I'd like to know that as well", she says, growing more nervous with every second that passes by without her knowing of your whereabouts ,,She isn't in my room or my bath. She must have left some time ago, I didn't even notice".
,,I am sure she is somewhere here. Let's check the library", Bela says with a reassuring smile.
The blonde girl knows how much her mother cares about the younger girl and of course she worries when she doesn't know where she is, yet Bela is sure that there is no reason to be scared.
,,Daniela couldn't sleep in the night and maybe got Y/N to go with her".
,,I hope you are right", Alcina lets out a deep sigh and they make their way along the corridor to get to the libary, both checking every hallway they pass by just in case the girl happens to show up there.

When they finally reach the library, Bela notices how her mother is pulling on the fabric of her dress and the daughter bites her tongue. It is quite rare, seeing the woman that nervous and it almost has an effect on Bela, but she tries to keep calm. It was understandable that her mother lost her nerves a little, but the second they would step into the library they would see, all of the worry was for nothing.

,,Good morning, mother. Hi, Bela", Daniela greets them with a cheeky smile and places her book on her lap ,,How come you visit me?".
,,Do you know where Y/N is? She wasn't in mothers room when she woke up and I thought she is with you", Bela says and Dani freezes.
,,No, I don't know", she says slowly ,,Maybe she is with Vaela and Helen? Or in her own room? Maybe she needed a bit of alone time".
,,I can go check her room, mother", Bela says and looks up to the darkhaired woman who takes another deep breath.
,,Do that, I will go downstairs. Maybe Heisenberg saw her, or Donna".
,,Or Angie", Daniela crosses her legs beneath her ,,I am sure you'll find her. Do you want me to check the basement? Maybe she got lost in there".
,,Do that, please", Alcina nods and Daniela doesn't hesitate to jump up from her seat, morph into a cloud of flies that quickly leaves the room.
,,I'll leave too, mother", Bela says and Alcina dismisses her as well, before she turns and goes all the way back to the stairs.

But she doesn't find the girl in the dining room, or the kitchen, not in the laundry room, not in Alcina's private chambers, nowhere. She asks Heisenberg, who is sitting in the dining room with his feet on the table, but she has other things in mind than complaining about him right now, especially after saying he hasn't seen her.
Alcina just left the man again and stepped into the foyer, when Bela, Daniela and Cassandra, who joined Daniela to help, show up and the looks on their faces say nothing well.
,,We didn't find her, mother".

Alcina freezes, her golden eyes suddenly turn dark before she rushes off without another word.
She must be somewhere here, Alcina knows she has to be.
But even after roaming the halls, looking into every single room, checking behind every curtain and on every balcony, climbing up every single tower, there is no sign of the girl, and Alcina finds herself back in her room after not even noticing where she was going.
Her chest clenches, she feels like she can't breathe and when she notices that the girls scent still lingers on the pillow, Alcina presses the object close to her chest and she can't fight the tears off anymore.