19

The next day you run into Mikaela and Yvone just as you are about to enter the dining room for breakfast and you force a little smile, stepping through the door with them.
,,You are here early", you say, making a face at the pain in your stomach. It seems like something you ate yesterday wasn't good for you and now everything just hurts, your stomach is cramping now and then.

,,Are you okay?", Yvone raises her eyebrows with a sceptical glance at you and you take a deep breath, nodding slowly.
,,I'm fine. Totally fine. In a bit of pain, but fine".
Now, that isn't exactly the truth but you sure wouldn't tell them that you feel like ripping your organs out of your body.

You sit down with the girls and Yvone rests her chin on her hands, not questioning you further while you start eating your breakfast that Helen brought to you, even though you're not even hungry.
You're trying to ignore that you're feeling like total crap and listen to Mikaelas babbling but it doesn't exactly help.

The maidens around you already start leaving and you hurry up a little with eating so you won't get to Alcinas room too late.
Five minutes later you are on your way after saying good bye to your friends and you bite your tongue. 'How is this supposed to work when i'm helping her… I am a wrack' you think and knock at the woman's door.

,,Come in", she says and you instantly notice that she sounds rather cheerful. 
You step into her room and for moment you freeze, staring at her sitting at her dressing table and putting on her usual make up.
You've seen her without it before but still, some things just never fail to stun you.

,,Good morning", she says with her lipstick in her hand and you mumble a short 'morning', causing her to look at you through the reflection and she furrows her eyebrows.
,,Are you alright, love?".
,,Yeah, everything's okay", you say just as the feeling in your lower body gets even more painful and you unintentionally make a face at it.

Alcina takes a deep breath and darts her eyes back to her reflection.
,,It doesn't seem like you're okay".
,,Don't worry about it. What do I have to do today?", you ask while she finishes her make up and step a little closer to her, fiddling with your dress.
,,First, you will help me sort some important papers, then bring some bottles down in the kitchen, in the afternoon you will help Vaela and-".
She stops talking when you slightly bend down, arms clinging around your stomach trying to prevent the next cramp and she turns on her stool, raising an eyebrow.

,,Love, why do you keep on lying to me?", she says and shakes her head ,,I'm a little disappointed".
,,Sorry", you mumble ,,I'm not feeling too well… Again".

Seriously, you don't remember a time in your life when you had been sick, unable to leave your bed or work that often.

,,I don't mind it, I didn't work that much yesterday and I don't want to spend another day no-".
,,I don't really care what you want right now, Y/N", Alcina says, sounding rather firm ,,I'm the one who decides when you have to work and if you're not well. you won't."
,,But-".
,,No 'but' ", she raises her eyebrows and you close your mouth again ,,I won't argue with you about this. Now, go back to your room.".

You let out a sigh and nod, you still are not exactly okay with it yet you leave Alcinas room and head back to yours.
'I'm not even sick' you think 'I bet if Yvone would come up to her and say that she can't work because of a stomach ache, Alcina would just send her back to do her tasks'.
Of course you don't mind that Alcina cares about you, not at all, but you slowly start feeling like your relationship has never been like the one between a countess and her worker.

You push the door to your room open and get rid of your shoes before dropping down on your bed, making a face at the cramps in your stomach and you wonder if Donna is feeling like this right now as well. She ate the same foods as you after all.
'Please not' you think in horror. You don't even want to waste another thought on that.