Chapter- Eleven

ROSLYN'S POV :

My breathe was heavy but he was calm, close, closer till all I had to breathe was his minty scent and drizzled smell of aftershave. His hand slid down on the bare skin of my thigh, making a tingly sensation rise up in my guts.

Suddenly, images of him with Layla began flashing in front of my eyes. That same weird sensation, not jealousy but not less than that, began rising inside me. He's her future husband, how can I do this with him, being close to him will take me against my own rules about love. I believe in love but this isn't it, this is lust, I'm just an eye candy to him just like any other man would see me like. This is wrong.

He was just one move away, when I looked away from him, no matter how taken I was by this man but I can't let him make me one of those girls he plays with. Today's kiss was my biggest mistake and I was going to repeat it again, no Roslyn, this isn't a story, he's not that charming prince you're looking for.

A frown appeared on his face and he let a little space between me and him. Without any other word, I ran out of his room, ignoring the fact that this decision is going to create a new feeling of tension between us.

Never before in my life, I wished to be Usain Bolt more than today. Every step I take away from his room felt like climbing hundred stairs, as if I'm being pulled towards the center of stability but it's better to climb hundred stairs for life than pain in darkness forever.

I had no other choice, I ran back inside my room, locking the door and placing a chair in front of it so that it won't ever open. How stupid can I be? I shouldn't have gone inside his room, why can't I mind my own damn business. I'm never going out of this place ever.

I was having a mental breakdown on the floor while Rabbit Downey Jr. was watching me from his cage. I kept silent screaming and wanted to call Natalie more than ever but Theo is downstairs. I covered my face in embarrassment with my hand but could feel pinch of his fragrance from my palm that I rested on him. This made me think of it again and again that I could feel his warm breath on my lips right now. Am I blushing? No, No, No, Roz, you're not that kind of girl, alright. Let's stay strong or else what will Rabbit Downey Jr. think about his owner.

I stood up and tried to act normal, taking in deep breaths. I heard a knock on the door and got startled.

“Minikin, Your favourite brother Liam is here, open the door.” Liam voiced from outside. Thank god it's him.

Opening the door I could see him standing in front with a shopping bag in his hand. He brought gifts for me? I beamed at him and let him in.

“Here, I brought your phone” he gave me my phone from his pocket and began leaving.

“Liam-” I whined looking over at the bag, asking him to show me what that is.

“Just wait, these are my snacks and I'm not sharing with you” he mocked, rudely. I hate him.

“If you eat this much, you'll become a fat sausage and then how you're going to fight, by rolling over on the enemies?” I spoke, pouting and demanding my share. He wasn't impressed by my joke and that's why ran outside at his best speed.
He'll pay for this.

I was about to slam, close the door when I heard Theo call for me from downstairs,

“Roz, dinner's ready, come down” he asked me to come down. I glanced over at Rabbit Downey Jr. who was still watching me from his cage and I began making weird faces. How I'm going to do this? Not even a day in and I already have my life converted into a task.

Sighing, I decided to go downstairs. This is going to be super awkward. There, I saw everyone gathered on the table, talking to each other meanwhile Liam snorting at someone's joke. Laugh all you want because I'm going to tell Uncle about everything he does here.