Chapter- Forty Seven

ROSLYN'S POV:

My eyes blinked open to a loud thud echoing around. My heart stopped for once as I sprung up from my bed to face the door, wide open.

“Look who's here. ” Liam announced as he walked in, hurriedly.

My heart was still pounding and my head was spinning terribly from waking up to such loud frightening noise. I almost rushed over to beat the voice out of Liam for giving me a heart attack but just then I heart someone greet.

“Pearl! How have you been? ”

My eyes went straight to Uncle Michael walking in with an evergreen smile on his face with his arms spread out to me for a hug.

My eyes widened in surprise, wondering if I woke up to another dream.

“Uncle! ” I gasped, getting out of bed rushing over to hug him in utter excitement.

Theo walked in through the door, smiling as I squeezed uncle in a tight hug.

“What are you.. Doing here? ” I asked looking up at him in my rough morning voice, breaking with pauses as I tried to fully process my surroundings.

“I thought it's time I get back to work. I was kinda bored back at home without you three. ” he caressed my head with care in his eyes like ever.

“Back to work? You're not thinking of doing these mafia things, are you? You're not well, you know that, still-”

“Oh boy! Here we go again. ” Liam rolled his eyes with a sigh as Uncle laughed with them.

“I'm definitely not thinking about doing this mafia stuff. ” he assured, smiling proudly. “I have another job that's called taking care of my children. I wanted to spend my time with you guys here than to just worry about you all while sitting in other state, miles away. ”

I could see concern in his eyes but to that I saw something strange that I couldn't figure out. He cupped my face in his warm palms. I felt them shiver.

“I just want to spend my time with my children. Who knows when these medicines can no more help me and I- ” he fell quiet.

My heart dropped and a painful knot formed in my throat. I couldn't imagine the moment when these shivering fingers holding me today would no longer lift again to comfort me.

Now I could tell that strange feeling, it was fear. He was scared to miss a moment that could be spent with us.

I wanted to scream and tell him nothing will ever happen to him and that he's the strongest person I've ever seen in my life but the pain in my throat held me from doing so.

“No... Don't say that..” I gulped all my pain but tears dared to escape.

I hugged him back tighter, crying and trembling to those frightening words he said and the thought it brought to me.

Liam and Theo rushed over to comfort me, asking me to not cry and stay strong.

“Roz, I'm so sorry. Don't cry please. ” Uncle requested as I wiped my tears off, glaring at him.

“You made me cry. You're not going anywhere. You'll be fit and healthy now that you're here with us. ”

He nodded with a beaming smile and wiped off my tears, bringing us together in a group hug.

This was probably not the best way to start my day but I was happy that finally Uncle's here with us and now everything feels like home and complete. He'll be better here and I'll be able to make sure he takes his medicines well. I really hope this is the start of things falling back in right places.