Chapter- Forty Three

ALONZO'S POV:

She caressed my arm as her head raised up to look at me with her eyes twinkling with satisfaction and comfort, telling the tale of how quiet it felt the moment she found me. I'd trade myself to look at this face forever, every single day till my last breath.

A wide grin appeared on her lips, spreading the sparkle on her face like stars adorn the night sky. No sense of evil, no worry of dark, she's as pure as a goddess, as a saint from heaven. Immense desire forbade me to think of this materialistic world when I can live all my life with her presence.

"I can't believe I have you in my arms already. " she chuckled, tightening her grip on my arm, tilting her head slightly to rest it on my chest that carried presence of a beating heart once again.

"I was so scared when I received an unknown mail at my doorstep. But then I saw that secret message inside and I knew it was you. You know-"

"Which mail, Blossom? "

All this peace turned around with daggers and her words felt like trap, like a mystery. Her voice faded as she held her head up at me with a slight frown on her face that was being covered by that huge smile on her lips.

" You don't remember? That mail that you sent with this dress in it, with this address and time. You asked me to keep it a secret and not tell anyone... Remember? "

She stroke the velvet fabric of the honey yellow dress, twirling around to show the back with silk ribbon lace closing the corset tight to her body.

“This dress was quite big on me, I altered it a bit on the sides and bottom. ” she turned to face me with her smiling eyes that could not contain the joy of being here. 

My fingers curled into a fist, draining my eyes of the joy and reasonings. With every passing moment I got closer to lighting this place up in flames.

This meeting was the only reason I kept her away in safety of her family and my men for a month, only to find out that she was never safe from these traitors. With this, it's all over, the last way of settling peace and so called understanding with these bastards is gone and now all I want to see is blood...

What bothers me the most is the fact that this cannot be the sole tactic of the rivals, there's a rat that's between us. Someone is very closely monitoring each and every action in her life.

My body burned demanding revenge, blood of these pigs who dared to let the thought of involving her into all of this cross their mind, blood of the man who's behind this ill game of catastrophe.

The moment I find out, I'll make him beg, for death, for every single way to end his life, but I'll not. I'll torment him till he's suffering the way he wishes me to suffer. Watching him burn alive is what will bring me peace.

My eyes darted across the room, searching for Dylan or any of my men. I have to get her out of here before someone notices she's here. Every passing moment under this roof is a step closer to the trap that's been set up by that bastard.

"Alonzo... " she voiced softly, locking her fingers with mine.

"Yes Blossom? " I replied, still looking around as my hand tried to snake all of her inside my protection, out of everyone's sight.

"Are you not happy to see me? "

Her words hit somewhere in me that pained and I looked over at her in utter worry. Her dropped face, now void and lost, looked up at me in hope.

The day, seeing her makes me any less happier is the day I'm letting my heart stop beating.

I cupped her face with my hands, kissing her forehead, pulling her in a hug.