Chapter- Thirty Three

ROSLYN'S POV:

My voice couldn't find a way out when I realized who's this person I'm talking to. My lips pressed together and I frowned, clenching my fist.

Layla!

“Look Roslyn... Uh- I have something really important to talk about... ”

•••

I tapped my fingers endlessly on the desk, brooding while tensing up, doing nothing in my room. I've been questioning, reasoning with myself for an hour now with Rabbit Downey Jr. near my legs, playing with a piece of cardboard.

My heart began panging in my chest the moment I received a text that I was expecting but not ready to accept.

The address, as Layla mentioned. I could hear her voice in my thoughts when my eyes scanned through the words of the text. I could hear a slight tone of how serious she meant this conversation to be, I don't know if that's true or not, but she sure seemed like she has something reasonable to talk about.

I held my head, sighing, swinging back on the chair as random thoughts decided to pop up once again and complicate what I was actually thinking about. Should I consider going? No! My sane self replied. But then... It might be something serious, argued my heart.

The way she talked today didn't make any sense after my last encounter with her. Ugh! This is all so confusing.. Should I tell Alonzo about it..? I think I will. I can't make decisions and before I end up loosing my last brain cell, I need supervision.

I grabbed my phone and Rabbit Downey Jr. off their places and walked over to my bed, just when my phone rung up with another incoming call.

I looked over at the screen and jumped on the bed, delighted, forgetting everything in a second, picking up the call.

“Nat~! ” I voiced, elated as I couldn't wait to talk to her.

“Don't Nat me! You don't love me anymore. Do you remember when we last talked? And you didn't even fucking call me to tell about that damn date of yours about which I was thinking my ass out. I hate you” she lectured and all my playfulness rolled out of the room.

Why's she giving me that girlfriend attitude? Poor Nat, we need to get  her a boyfriend ASAP.

“Aren't you going to say something? ” she voiced back, slightly relaxed as I mumbled,

“Well, all I have to say is that this girl I'm talking to is mean~"

“.... Roz, I was worried about you. First you tell me that you'll be coming back in two days then this date... I was worried for you... ” she sighed and there was a moment of pause. Everyone around keeps bossing me, that's not fair.

“Anyways, now, I want you to fill me up with that tea. How many rounds did you guys have? ” she spoke, her words painting a clear picture of how wide that smirk is right now. I'm sure we can't catch a better topic changer than her.

I blushed, freezing as she continued with her explanation,

“Shiii... I can't believe. Who would have thought our little rozy has grownnn uppp.. ”

“No~ ”

“Yeah Yeah, I believe you, for sure.” she laughed, evilly as I squirmed, my face burning with deep red blush. I couldn't help but bite my lips as I brushed up the thoughts that haven't left my mind.

•••

Nat and I had deep discussion on who used to cry more and also whom our street dogs hate the most. I felt way better after talking to her, no doubt. So relaxed that I almost forgot about Layla. I felt like throwing myself out of the window as soon as those thoughts rushed back.