Chapter- Twenty Two

ALONZO'S POV:

I didn't expect such behavior from her. Why is she becoming so distant from me. It's been four days since we probably saw each other and when I get some time, she's pushing me away. It all started the day Layla came here and I'm more than sure she did something with her.

"Boss." Ty called me while getting out of his room. I looked at him and he continued, scrolling through his phone.

"I've made all preparations for your tomorrow's visit to Davis's. Is there anything else I can do? " he informed, asking me.

I denied while advancing towards my room when heard him mumble again.

"Don't you think Roslyn is quite lost these days? " he sighed, sitting on the couch while I stopped, turning towards him. "I mean it seems like she's trying to distance herself from this place"

I didn't have to ask him what he meant, I knew. She's for sure thinking something and I'm not aware about it. But before she takes any decision and sticks to it stubbornly, I'll have to find it out and talk to her.

I would have never looked forward to this party invitation from Layla if it wasn't for her dad, inviting me. I don't think I'll be disrespecting a person of his age. I know Roslyn's behavior has something to do with Layla and what it is, I'll find out soon.

Turning back towards my room, I was interrupted by Dylan's voice.

"Alonzo, I talked to the media houses and publisher about that news. They'll be taking it all down as soon as possible and that image will be marked as fake. " He informed. It's good. I don't think Roslyn knows about it yet and I don't want her to, till I can.

"Good." I passed a reply.

"You look so tired man. I think I shouldn't have interrupted your business that day in the club. I can call one here if you want" Ty began with his usual talks while I closed the door of my room.

I'll have to get black out drunk tomorrow to make it through the event. I don't even want to stay sane for that cheesy drama that'll play there. I have no peace of mind when I'm thinking about that birthday party. I can already tell how it's going to be.

I slid the tie down my neck, placing it on the bed while unbuttoning my shirt with random thoughts in head. I will have to start thinking about the upcoming family meeting too. All my instincts are against it after what they've done this time. I'll for sure visit them but not for the meet, for revenge.

Running my fingers through my hairs, I grabbed my sweats from the closet. I had to put my phone on DND for Layla won't stop calling me since morning. If my mom was alive, she would have done anything to cancel this marriage. But I guess destiny wasn't in favor.

I sighed, looking over at the closed door of my room. I have to talk to Roslyn now. I need to know if theirs anything that she's hiding from me because she'll never open up about it herself.

I headed straight towards her room, upstairs and stood in front of the door. I was about to knock when I heard few voices coming from the room.

"Hehehe~”

What's she doing in there?

ROSLYN'S POV:

I placed the tiara between Rabbit Downey Jr's ears, slowly and admired my baby look so beautiful in that dress I made for him.

“Look, this is my little princess. I'm sorry I didn't have any other color other than pink. But you still look so beautiful” I picked him up and began snuggling, kissing him.