Chapter- Nineteen

ROSLYN'S POV:

Stupid! Idiot! Dumb! Disgrace! Every possible word that describes foolishness. Why did you say that Roslyn? I ruined everything between Alonzo and me.

I buried my face in my hand, rethinking everything I said few hours earlier. He was worried and came here for a reason but instead of asking him, I assumed everything and hurt him. My body is under so much unrest, what will I do now?

I sighed, looking around in Weston's room as he came back from the washroom. He has a mark on his nose that Alonzo gave him, missing his jaw. I was so scared to see Weston collapse and all that blood gush out of his nose that I lost my mind, yelling out wrong things.

He came close and sat down next to me. I faced him, my face holding regret and sadness.

“I'm so sorry. It's all because of me” I apologized, lowering my head.

“Please Roslyn, this has nothing to do with you. Don't feel sorry for anything” he held me by my shoulder and I looked up at him. My mind was hazed with questions, so many questions. What's wrong between him and Alonzo? Why both of them avoid talking about each other? I have to get my answers before I get myself into a new problem.

I took his hand in mine and inhaled sharply, asking him,

“Weston, what's wrong between you and Alonzo? Why nobody in that house likes you? Is there something I don't know or you're hiding”

His eyes began shifting away, troubled, looking for a resting place. He hesitated, making clear impression of the fact that there's something hidden from me. I waited for him to reply, patiently while he sighed and spoke,

“I don't think I should be telling you this but if you insist... ” he paused, preparing himself for the reveal.

“I used to work for Knights in their illegal side of business. But I left their group two years ago, thinking I'll be able to start a new life for myself and it did happen. I had a peaceful life and everything was on track, until I got in trouble with them again when they began suspecting me for working with rivals on security. Believe me Roslyn, I never had any connections with their rivals, intentionally. I never knew they were secretly using me to plan death of Alonzo's parents. After all that, Alonzo thinks I'm here to harm you.”

My eyes widened and I withdrew my hand from his. I couldn't believe my ears. This guy whom I thought to be a normal person like me is a criminal! And not just any criminal, he's the reason behind Alonzo's parents' death! Shivers ran down my spine, making me stand abruptly.

“Roslyn, believe me. I didn't do that on a purpose. I was tricked to do that. I'll never hurt you. ” he stood up, coming close to me.

I froze in my place. How can I be so stubborn to not see clear signs that everyone was giving me about him. I hurt Alonzo for him, I went against everyone because I thought they were being mean to a simple guy for no reason. But I was wrong, so wrong. He's the bad guy here and just because I supported him, I'm bad too. What Alonzo would have felt when I said all those things to him this whole time. So bad Roslyn, you're so bad.

My head began experiencing a panging pain growing inside. I can't take any decisions but I know the person who's standing in front of me is wrong. I can't stand him for another moment.

Walking towards Rabbit Downey Jr's. cage, I picked it up with him inside and took my purse off the bed. I can't believe this was how all this was going to end.

“Roslyn, please don't leave like this. I don't want to loose a friend. Please, I would never hurt you” he held my wrist, standing between me and the door.