42."Protector"

"Heeeeey, bunny boy! Had a rough night?" Seokjin smiled down at the boy gently strocking his hair, as he slowly fluttered his eyes open.
He was weak, Seokjin could see but he didn't want to acknowledge the fact. He loved the boy too much. The person Seokjin cared for the most in the whole wide universe. He couldn't dare think of losing the boy. Never in his wildest dreams.
Jungkook smiled back weakly, moving the pad of his thumb against Seokjin's hand.
"Hyung...I, I'm sorry." He croaked out, sniffing a little. More due to the cold than crying, Seokjin knew.
"It's okay, baby." He smiled, kissing the boy's forehead.
They were quiet for a while apart from the occasional sniffs of Jungkook and the almost musical tapping of Seokjin's fingers along the armrest.
"Hyung, Jimin..." Jungkook started, breaking the lethal silence once again. The silence Seokjin wanted to cradle in his arms like a dear possession.
He sighed, "I've tried calling the man a thousand times but he just won't pick up. I was thinking of visiting him after you were conscious to knock some sense into the fucker-" he wanted to rant on but the tear rolling down Jungkook's pale face caught him off guard.
The boy barely ever cried without reason.
"Do you have something to tell me, Cookie?" Seokjin's forehead creased, demanding answers.
And then Jungkook talked, narrated everything to the man because he honestly knew nothing else. Seokjin had been his protector since the boy knew what protection and security felt like. He was his all after he left his parents. More like, kicked out because of his gender identity. Maybe that's why Jungkook admired the man too much? Maybe that's why he mistook the feelings as eros when it had been agapē all along?
He knew Seokjin could make anything better and so even now, he looked upto the man for help.
Seokjin sniffed, quickly wiping his eyes as if the boy already didn't see his tears.
"I'll make it better, Jungkookie." He finally told the boy who looked upto him like a child looking upto his parents to fix his bike. Only that, Jungkook wasn't a child and It wasn't his bike that needed fixing.
"I promise." He reassured the boy who now sat up, a charming smile decorating his delicate features.
"I trust you, hyung." He squeezed Seokjin's hand, a hint of mischief in his eyes.
"Aish you coconut-"
And before Seokjin knew it, the man was pulled into bulky biceps of his 5 years younger brother. Younger but so much stronger.
"I doubt that you're really s-sick...Fuck Jungkookie let me go! I c-can't breathe!" Seokjin managed to stutter out, as the other boy just laughed.
"I AM sick but still stronger than your old ass." Jungkook sung, finally letting the man go as Seokjin just smiled, ruffling the boy's raven locks, all the while a whole new thought playing his mind.
He had to make it better between Jimin and Jungkook. Yoongi relied on him for that. Jungkook relied on him for that. He himself relied on himself for that. Too much to let down if he fails. Too much at stake. He couldn't fail.

"Alrighttttyyy! We're discharged!" Seokjin cooed, walking to Jungkook who had now changed into his normal attire and was waiting for the man to return so that they could go home.
"Yay!" Jungkook did a little victory dance before turning somber, biting his upper lip out of nervousness. A very old habit of the boy. The habit Seokjin recognized too clearly.
He bumped his shoulder into Jungkook's, "hey! I'm going to go talk to him after I tuck you in bed, okay? It's going to be alright, my gay comrade!" He chuckled, keeping as reassuring expressions on his face as possible.
Jungkook scoffed, getting shaken out of his thoughts as they both walked to the car and got in.
"My love failed because of me, Jungkook-ah." Seokjin suddenly spoke up, putting his free hand on Jungkook's thigh, "but I won't let yours fail because of me too."
Jungkook sighed, putting his head against the headrest of the car.
"I trust you." He whispered, "but I just want him back, hyung."
It was Seokjin's turn to squeeze the boy's hand, now.

The man did as he stated earlier.
Tucking Jungkook in bed, he made sure the boy fell asleep, before closing the bedroom door without sound, making his way outside the apartment. It still was very early in the morning so he locked the door behind him, finally heading off to Jimin's to make everything better.
His only mistake perhaps being, leaving Jungkook alone in the apartment when a whole Kim Taehyung was on the loose.