20."Off the record"

"Jungkook, you'll go check up on Yoon, today and make me an assignment on what you think of the case so far. Interview that jerk in the lockup if you want." Seokjin commanded Jungkook while doing the dishes.
"And you?" Jungkook looked up from his cereal.
"We've got a call from the headquarters, me and Jimin gotta tend to it."
Jungkook nodded, smiling at the mention of his boyfriend.
"It must be about Kim's trial, I'm sure."
Jungkook nodded, again gulping down his oh so precious banana milk.
"Also," Seokjin turned. "Don't get too personal with Taehyung I'm forewarning you."
"Alright hyung alright! Jeez, you don't trust me at all do you?"
Seokjin went silent for a while and then spoke up.
"It's not you I don't trust."

//

"What's wrong, Chim?" Seokjin whispered as the boy's walked side by side inside the building.
Jimin just shrugged being as confused as the boy himself. Both of them were headed to the meeting room where they were to be questioned about the recent events that had taken place.
As everyone was seated, the higher chief spoke up.
"Kim Seokjin...You've been incharge of the case of Kim Taehyung since 5 years, yes?"
Seokjin nodded, hands folded on the table infront of him.
"Brief us with the case history and also let us know about the accomplishments you've made in the past 5 years." He ordered.
Seokjin stood up, adjusting his tie.
He cleared his throat.
Jimin folded his fingers.
"Kim Taehyung, current age 25, started his criminal career at the age of 19. He's under the impression of South Korean mafia lord, Jung Hoseok, who by the way has no significant history here in America other than gambling and illegal drug trafficking." He moved around the room as he explained.
"Taehyung on the other hand," he continued. "The boy murdered his first victim at the age of 21, the CEO of Choi enterprises. He later on, in the same year robbed the bank owned by Mr.Choi's brother making him go bankrupt." He placed the photo of the men on the table for everyone to see.
"That's not all because he murdered the man too an year after, including his son. He opened fire on their car while they stopped for gas one night."
"Also, he's involved in many small cases and collateral damage which only results in his charges being increased."
The chief executive nodded and was about to speak up when Seokjin continued. "Mr.Kim 2 years back also killed two people related to Mr. Choi and then disappeared for two years only to be captured by me and my team 2 days ago." Seokjin finished.
"It's a pattern." One of the officers spoke up.
Seokjin nodded.
"He says he's avenging the death of his family who were said to he murdered by the order of Late Mr.Choi."
"Mr.Kim the report says you captured Kim once before too, is that true?" A person from the far end of the table spoke up.
Seokjin nodded as he looked at the person, failing to identify him.
"Lee Jaehwan, I'm from the law sector. Please don't mind my interrogative connotation."
Seokjin smiled, bowing.
"Just once?" He asked.
Seokjin nodded.
"But then the legal interrogation report doesn't mention anything about him saying he's avenging the death of his family?" He turned his head to look at Jin.
Seokjin gulped.
"Well, he told me that at the crime scene."
Jaehwan scoffed.
"He must have some special infatuation with you to tell you all that at the crime scene, Kim don't you think?" Jaehwan stood up too, gesturing his hands.
"I mean, you chat before he deceives you and runs away?"
Seokjin clenched his jaw.
"He's very fast, you see and cunning at that-"
"And you're the NYPD." Jaehwan cut him off. The officers in the room all nodded.
"Mr. Lee what are you implying here?" Jimin spoke up, not being able to control his anger anymore.
"No offence to anyone officer but I think Mr.Kim hasn't been able to function efficiently with this particular case which raises suspicions. I mean it's my profession to point them out."
"He's the best we've got." An officer told him, to which many nodded their heads.
"No doubts." Jaehwan smiled.
Seokjin clenched his jaw.
"But you see Taehyung escaped from his hold numerous times and the only one time he was finally able to catch him, the boy escaped supernaturally, again?"
"Unprofessional." The chief stated.
Seokjin sighed, he knew the case was out of his hands, now.
"Besides," Jaehwan continued, "Jung Hoseok was never proven to be a fugitive here in America yet Mr.Kim and his team shot him making him end up in a hospital."
Jimin laughed, "He's a mafia leader!"
"We don't have the proof." Jae refuted.
"This is outrageous!" Jimin threw himself back in his chair, while Seokjin just stood there, dumbfounded.
Who was this guy?
How did he know so much?
Why does he want to dismiss Seokjin?
"It indeed is, Park." The police chief finally stood up, making everyone turn their attention to him.
"Kim Seokjin, you're hereby dismissed of the case of Kim Taehyung. You may leave all your files and information you gathered, by my office till tommorow."
Seokjin stood up, bowed and left.
Not even waiting for Jimin to join him.
Jaehwan smirked.

A/N: And I oop-