19."Hacker business"

[flashback]

"I'll find all of them. Chase them down like a predator tracks down its prey. I WILL find them. And I WILL kill them. In a way that they'll regret existing with every single fibre of their body, because of what they did to me. For all the things I'll never forgive. For all the things I'll never forget."
The sixteen year old boy shook with rage, his voice like that of a subdued thunder that'll break lose any minute and his eyes burning up like live embers.
Namjoon was taken aback by the peculiar behaviour, atypical of a sixteen year old boy.
He had looked at Hoseok who's smirk was way too comprehensive for any ambiguity to be left. Hoseok was taking the boy in. The boy who'd himself ran all the way to him from the hospital. Stabbed in the gut, yet alive, filled with just vengeance and most of all having nothing to lose. A perfect weapon and a suitable heir.
Hoseok understood, that the boy was everything he needed. That he'd go to any and every extent to get what he wanted, if only he's under the right guidance. But the world was filled with wrong guidance.

[Flashback end]

Namjoon chuckled, locking his phone after glancing at the photo of Hoseok and Taehyung together, smiling the diameter of the sun.
His flight landed at New York around midnight and Hoseok's people were swift to pick him up from there and escort him to a secure place.
Hoseok still had the influence, alot of it at that.
But If you're thinking of Namjoon as an underworld dealer or mafia leader? You're very wrong.
Namjun Kim is perhaps the purest guy in New York at this time, no criminal records, no history, no nothing. Clean slate. Yes. He cleaned it himself.
Kim Namjoon of Itaewon, Seoul, South Korea? Well, he is the guy you need to look for if talking of online ransome, managing assassinations, illegal drug trafficking, smuggling weaponry, gambling and money laundering, and almost anything related to the dark web and hacking. You name it, he's done it.
But when the two most important people in his life end up in the hands of the NYPD, Namjoon leaves his safe haven immediately and flies to New York.
"I told those idiots to lay low. Ah, do they ever just LISTEN to me?" He looked at Hoseok's 'secretary' here in NYC.
"Sir, Kim Seokjin is a very talented officer, and also Tae and him seem to have history-" The rather tall, american man told Namjoon, but he was having none of it.
"I'm aware." Namjoon cut him off before he could even complete. "But they have nothing to do with each other, now." His expression was grim, his face taut.
The man gulped and nodded.
"Make sure you move the two jerks out of the jurisdiction of that Kim and also bail them out of there. We have arrangements to make."
"Yes sir but a bail won't be that easy and Kim is the best they've got there's no chance-"
"Oh my dear Sean..." Namjoon put a hand on his shoulder with a deadly grip. "...that's why I put you on it, you know? Because we know how talented YOU are! And also, didn't I say make sure?" Namjoon smiled at the man, his gorgeous dimple popping out. If the phrase, devil in disguise had an embodiment, Kim Namjoon perfectly fit to the definition.

"If I may?" A new voice spoke up.
Namjoon turned to the boy, a rather tall and skinny man not above the age of 30.
"I don't remember Hoseok telling me about a handsome young man as yourself? his new boyfriend?" Namjoon cocked his head to a side.
The boy smiled.
"Jay, they call me Jay. I'm a friend. I thought you were the boyfriend, though."
Namjoon chuckled.
"Well friend, this better be good."
"With all due respect, I'm not well acquainted with the laws of South Korea but Mr. Kim, The NYPD is no joke as Sean said so a bail really won't be easy. Trust me, I'm a lawyer myself. And Kim indeed is the best, besides he's on the case for 5 years." The boy explained in a calm tone. His voice weirdly soothing.
"Also, considering Taehyung's criminal history? you see, he doesn't do a great effort at tying lose ends."
"So?" Namjoon cocked an eyebrow.
"So, I'm betting 9/10 Taehyung won't be getting a bail because even if Hoseok does, Taehyung's a murder fugitive. Plural."
He finished, smiling as he folded his arms behind his back.
Namjoon scoffed, "9/10 hm? What's the 1/10 possibility then, Dr.Strange?"
"That I get to prove to the headquarters that Kim Seokjin isn't a worthy detective."
"No problem." Namjoon cooed.
"But I don't know shit about the case, not the on record stuff, anyway. Besides, it's not the kind of work I do." Jay explained.
"Sean bring me my laptop would you?" He sat down on one of the couches, resting his head in one of his palms. Jay just watched, taking a seat across him.
Ten minutes of silence with the clicking of keys on Joon's laptop and his occasional sniffs that he finally spoke up.
"Mmm, Jay what did you bet, again?" He asked, not looking up from the screen.
"Pardon?"
Namjoon smiled. "Study these, Mr.lawyer, you have a load of argumentation to do tommorow."
"Also, it's better because only you and Kim know the off the record stuff."
Jay frowned, moving closer to the boy to get a better look at the laptop.
"No way!" He almost shrieked. "You hacked into the NYPD's server!?"
Namjoon made a face.
"THAT'S BRILLIANT!" He laughed, holding his head in awe.
"You're brilliant!" He took the laptop from Namjoon, his eyes shining like that of a kid that just received extra candy.
"Make the higher officials doubt him and half your job is done." He told him.
"And the other half?" Jay looked up from the screen.
Namjoon smiled, "It's when you finally get my boys out of there."

A/N: I'm nice :')