Chapter 45

Laila's POV
(mature content warning)
The rest of the evening was pretty smooth. John B left to go to his house to gather some things to make his room here more home-like. He didn't invite me, but I'm not tripping over it. I spend the rest of my night doing things for me and having a self care night.

I lock my bedroom door and go into the bathroom, running some nice hot water in the bath. Most people think I'm demonic because I like my water so hot it's steaming, but it's alright. I grab the robe off the back of my bathroom door and walk into my room.

I slip out of my clothes and put the bathrobe on, walking back into the bathroom closing the door behind me as the water continues to fill up. I rummage one of the cabinets to find a few bath bombs, salts, and even a few candles and a lighter.

That's really sweet of Katie to set up for me. I take the candles and light them in various places, such as the counter, the windowsill, and the edge of the tub. I step into the bath and sit down, plopping in the bath bombs and turning on some of my favorite music, olivia rodrigo.

I relax and lean my head back against the wall, closing my eyes and just enjoying myself. I don't think I've ever taken a nice relaxing bath in peace like this, but I definitely need to do it more often.

After a little while and the water begins to turn cold, I step out of the bath, grabbing a bath towel and wrapping it around myself. I walk over to my walk in closet, finding a nice cute lounge around outfit.

I end up going with a pair of cute dark red underwear, soft pair of black shorts, and an oversized white tee with some random anime graphic on it. I don't bother putting on a bra just because I'm gonna be spending my day night around the house.

I pull my hair up into a messy bun and use a charcoal face mask I found in the bathroom, leaving it on my face to dry. I walk back into my room and go onto amazon on my MacBook, knowing what would fit my room better. I find some fairy lights to string up around my room, because for some reason I just love them. They're basically Christmas tree lights but white, and I love Christmas.

I order it with the card Katie told me I could order anything with, no matter the price and no matter what it is, I don't need to ask. I look around for things that would make my room more personalized, to fit me. I find a few cute things, such as glow in the dark stars for the ceiling that I would definitely need a ladder for.

I also find some cute makeup organizers for the vanity in my room, and a few plants that could go here and there. I order the rest of it and choose next day shipping, and then get up to wash my face mask off.

Just as soon as I begin to dry my face off, there's a knock at the door. I walk over to it and open the door, to face John B with a wide smile. "Hiiiii" I say happily, and he pulls me into a hug. "Whatcha doin?" he asks, and I tell him about my little self care night, earning a chuckle from him.

He comes into my room and I close the door behind him, and he plops onto my bed. He looks me up down, with a glimpse of lust in his eyes that send shivers down my spine. I make eye contact with him as things start to feel intense, and I walk over to him.

I stand between his legs where he sits on the bed, and lean in for a kiss. We begin with soft, small kisses, until his lips tug apart mine and we begin to exchange tongue. His hands slide to the side of my face, to under my hair behind my head, pulling me closer to him.