Chapter 12

John B's POV

I got a glimpse of Laila stumbling around earlier, and I've been looking for her ever since to apologize for being immature. I finally find her, under Topper. That son of a bitch. She's definitely drunk, and he's definitely taking advantage of her because I can hear her yelling.

As soon as I start to run their way, she gets up and runs out of the lot. I run up to Topper and push him over into the sand while he's trying to stand up. "What the fuck man? What were you trying to do to her?" I ask him, practically spitting on me. "She came onto me and started it, get the fuck away from me so I can find her and take her home. She's drunk out of her fucking mind." He says, attempting to stand up.

Before he has the chance to, I push him back down and run off in the direction Laila ran off in and call her name. It's pitch black, almost midnight, and she doesn't know her way around the island. Plus she's drunk. This is just asking for a disaster, there is no way on earth she knows how to get home.

After I look for a while and scream her name, I take my phone out of my pocket and call Payton, but she doesn't answer. I watched Payton leave with Sarah and their friend Lauren, yet another kook. I call Laila's phone, and she doesn't answer. I send her a text.

Me: Hey Laila, where are you? I'm sorry. Let's talk.

She read my text almost immediately, but doesn't reply. She couldn't have gone far, so I keep running around and calling her name in nearby areas. The party's over at this point, but I can make out a figure sitting in the sand somewhat near the water.

It's dark but I already know it's her. I can hear her cries, sitting with her knees to her chest. I walk up to her, mumbling her name in the most comforting voice that I can, and sit down next to her.

I go to wrap my arm around her and pull her to me, but instead she flinches and moves away, making me mentally sigh. There goes all of my work I've put into her trusting me, ALL over again. I decide not to push it, and stand up.

"Laila, it's cold out here. Can I take you home?" I ask her, scoffing over the fact that Rafe, Topper, Sarah, Payton, and everyone she came with just left her here. They didn't even make sure she was safe.

She stood up, clearly still very drunk and stumbled back to the parking lot with me. "You kissed her.." She slurred, and I could hear the pain in her voice. I'm not even mad about her and Topper, but what I did was wrong. Even I knew that.

I wanted nothing more than to wrap my arms around her, or even to carry her right now, but she's made it clear that she doesn't, and she's drunk. I don't wanna freak her out or anything.

We get to my van and once I help her into the passenger seat, I call Payton again. If she doesn't answer I'm taking her to my house for the night because I'm not dealing with her parents. They hate me. The call goes to voicemail, so I text JJ and tell him that I'm bringing one extra person home with me, since he practically lives at my house.

She slurs her words and talks about random nonsense the whole entire ride home, and I just focus on getting her to my house safely. I can't really focus on what she's saying, but she started crying halfway through the ride back to my shack.

When we reach the place that me and JJ stay at, Kie, Pope, and JJ come outside while I open the door for Laila, noticing that she's fallen asleep. As soon as Kiara sees Laila, she sighs and rolls her eyes impatiently, looking at her phone and conveniently saying she had to go home, which I don't believe, but I also don't have time to fight her on it.

Pope follows after Kiara, probably leaving for the night. He's definitely got a thing going for her, and it's lowkey cute. I put one of my arms under Laila's knees, and one under her arms and pick her up and out of my van, carrying her inside through the door that JJ held open for me.

"So... where's she staying?." he asks me, flopping into his couch bed that I was planning on letting her sleep in. "Mine." Is all I say to him, as I carry her still sleeping self into my room, placing her on my bed. I pull a blanket over her and turn the lights out, leaving the room and closing the door behind me.

I sit on the other side of JJ's little couch bed, and place my head in my hands, sighing and shaking my head. "What's up man?" He asks me, yawning and taking off his shirt. I give him a recap of the night, and he laughs at me. "Maaaan, you've done fucked up, way to go!!" He says sarcastically, patting me on the back.

I take off my shirt too, and sit there and just think. It's rather hot in this fucking room, or maybe I'm just overthinking and it's making me sweat. JJ lays down and attempts to go to sleep, and I head back into my room.

I lay down beside her, nearly in tears because of how guilty I feel. I sniffle a little bit, and I hear the most pure thing ever.

"J-john B?" her voice mumbles, in a soft and sleepy tone. "Hmmm?" I groan, trying to play off the fact that I just came so close to crying in front of her. After that, she makes a sleepy sounding grunt, and I can't help but to scoot over to her and wrap my arms around her.

A/N 10 votes for next chapter!! Rlly glad that you guys like this. if u have any ideas for the story that you'd like to see feel free to message me :)