Chapter 32

Angelo's POV

I'm standing outside of her room after she yelled a small "Yeah??" when I knocked, and I just knock again, not wanting to yell and talk through a door. I hear shuffling and then the twist of a lock, and then she cracks the door open just wide enough to see who I am, and then she opens the door all the way.

The boy who didn't seem very happy with me earlier is sitting on her bed, looking somewhat flustered, making me regret even trying to come in here to apologize. "What's up?" She asks me, while I avoid making eye contact and stare at the ground. I'm not about to make an effort filled apology in front of this boy, because it's none of his business.

"Nevermind, can we talk after bitchboy leaves?" I ask her, giving less than a fuck about what he thinks. I hear him huff and puff, and she fidgets uncomfortably. "Uhh, sure..?" She says, as if she's unsure of her answer. I'm satisfied with that answer, and walk away, back to my room.

I notice that Noodles isn't in my room anymore, so I venture downstairs just to look around for him. "Hi, sweetheart!! How're you doing?" Katie asks me, sounding wayyy over enthusiastic. "Fine." I tell her, and I can tell that it's gonna take a lot more than my attitude to run her patience out, which is nice I guess.

"Have you seen my dog?" I ask her, and she smiles and leads me over to the corner of the dining room, where there's a dog bed that Noodles is lying in, and their family dog is on the floor next to Noodles. I'm content with that, and Katie asks me if I'd like to look at some clothes online with her, and I nod.

John B's POV

Me and Laila exchange the same weirded out look with eachother as she shuts and locks her bedroom door, climbing back into the bed where I'm sitting. I look at her and breathe in, still taking in how amazing the past few minutes felt.

It's somewhat awkward now, but she scoots over time me and I take her so that she's sitting on top of my lap, and begin to kiss her again, letting our tongues battle for dominance. I place my hands up under her shirt, and slide them around until they come across her breasts, gently squeezing them, causing her to gasp into the kiss.

She tenses up when I do that and seems slightly less interested , so I move my hands back down to her hips and break the kiss. "We don't have to do anything, it's okay baby." I tell her, and she hugs me. I feel bad because I don't really think she was ready for that, and she seems sensitive when it comes to touch like that and things along that line. I think somebody might've done something to her.

I'm fine with taking things slow, I see no issue with it. Whatever makes her more comfortable, we have time. I'm not trying to rush anything, I wanna learn her and her body at a slow pace. I tightly wrap my arms around her, giving her a small squeeze.

"Whatcha wanna do today?" I ask her, and she mumbles an "I don't careeee." into my chest, not being much help. We could go to the park or maybe something else. "Any ideas?" I ask her, and she pulls away from me.

"Katie asked me to show Angelo around town and help him get familiar with things, can you help me? I don't even know this place that well but Payton refused." She asks me, with a genuine want to help him. I don't see him as a threat , given that he's her brother now, but he's got an attitude issues.

"Why do you wanna?" I ask her, just out of curiosity. "I won't go into detail but he got pulled out of a situation almost identical to mine, but a little worse. I know how shitty he feels right now.." She tells me, getting a blank stare in her eyes, looking somewhat sad. That's enough to convince me, this kid needs a friend.

"I'm down, now?" I ask her, standing up and pulling her hands with me to stand her up with me. She nods and tells me to go straight outside and wait on the porch while she gets Angelo, that her mom shouldn't see me.

Laila's POV

John B leaves my room, and I take a deep breath as I put my shoes back on and walk towards Angelo's room. His door is open and he isn't inside his room from what I can see when I peer inside, so I walk downstairs and her Katie talking to somebody in the dining room.

I peek in and she's talking to him, and he looks completely unamused and bored. He looks up at me with a plea for help in his eyes, and I fight back a laugh. Katie loves to talk and talk and talk, so I know he definitely wants out.

"Hey, do you wanna come with me around town?" I ask him, and he stands up before he even answers. "Yep, uh huh, let's go." He says, getting the hell away from Katie as quickly as possible. He says he needs to get his shoes on, so we walk upstairs.

He hasn't unpacked his bags yet, so he gets his shoes out of one of his suitcases. "She talks SO fucking much oh my god.." He mumbles, making me laugh out loud as I agree with him. She isn't that bad, but he's not used to her so to him, she probably is.

"What did you need earlier?" I ask him, and he looks at me in the eyes for the first time so far, I think. "I wanted to apologize for being a dick, but I hope you understand that I don't want to be here. I'm grumpy." He says, and I nod. "I get it, no problem." I tell him as we walk downstairs, and out the front door.

"Him??" Angelo asks me as John B stands next to me, and I sigh. "It's either him or Katie, your choice." I offer to Angelo, and he groans. "He can't possibly be worse.." Angelo mutters to himself, and walks with us to John B's van. It's much more quicker than walking, so I climb in the passenger seat, and Angelo unhappily sits himself in the back.

When we get to one of the main downtown areas, we park and all three get out and walk down the boardwalk. Both me and John B take turns pointing out locations and shops, and he seems overwhelmed slightly.

"Back home I lived in a small town, and there's nothing like any of this." Angelo finally said after a long while of silence, and I nod. "Me too, I lived in a small town outside of NYC.." I say, starting to think about back home.

I miss it. I miss my friends, and my lifestyle back home. I miss my mom, and my house where I had always lived. Tears prick the back of my eyes as I walk, and I must seem sad because John B grabs my hand and squeezes it, and then lets go, to let me know that he's there.

We run into Sarah Cameron, and she pulls me aside and whispers in my ear. "Is THAT the boy? He's hoooot.." she whispers with a giggle, making me nod and mentally face palm. Sarah is toxic as fuck when it comes to boys, there's no way this would ever end well.

"Angelo, this is Sarah, she's one of our neighbors!" I tell him, and she gives him a hug without warning, and during the hug the look of disgust on his face is priceless. Me and John B exchange looks with eachother as Angelo backs away from Sarah, and the three of us continue walking.

"Is everybody around here like that?" Angelo asks me and John B, and John B replies before I have the chance. "No, Sarah is just a hoe. Steer clear, she's the biggest kook hoe." As John B says that, Angelo seems to become confused.

"Kook?" He asks, and I reply to him with, "Kooks are the upper class, the rich. Then there are the pouges, like John B." He nods slightly, but doesn't seem to understand the topic very much, which is fine. He'll get it soon enough.

As we continue to walk, I look forward and freeze when my eyes land on him.

25 votes