Chapter 29

John B's POV

I frown when I see that it's 9am and she hasn't texted me since 7:30pm last night, wondering if I might've upset her. I still wonder where she could've gone yesterday after she left my house, like who was she with? Was it a guy?

I get dressed and ready for my first day of work at Ron's, one of his other employees that I used to go to school with is supposed to help me today with training and such since Ron's busy with family plans.

I drive to Laila's house, walking out to the docks where Preston, my coworker is. We get to work on scrubbing the outside of a nice sized boat, and every now and then I look back towards the house in hopes of seeing her. I haven't had any luck yet, which is depressing.

At around 11:15, I tell Preston I need to use the bathroom, and he tells me that Ron let's his employees use the first floor guest bathroom, and asks me if I know where it is. I tell him yes, and head off towards the house. I don't actually need to use the bathroom, but I can't go any longer without him.

I quietly let myself into the house, and sneak up the stairs towards Laila's room. I let myself in her room, expecting her to be awake. Just as I enter her room and shut the door behind me, her morning alarm on her phone begins to go off, and she groans and rolls over in bed.

I walk over to the table where her phone is and snooze it for her, while she looks up at me with a shocked look. "What the fuck are you doing here??" She asks, not in a rude tone but it still hurts my feelings slightly anyways. I smile at her and give her a hug while she sits up in bed, and her mood seems to improve.

"You've got to leave my room soon, we've got important plans at 11:45.." She tells me, and I nod. "I've got to be back working again before then, I just wanted to come say good morning Laila." I tell her, earning a smile from her lips.

I lean in and give her a short, small kiss, and then stand up. "I've gotta go now, but please text me later, love." I tell her, and she nods. "I'm so sorry I didn't text you last night, we got some news and I got super busy." She replies, and I tell her not to worry about it.

She watches me longingly as I slip back out of her room, heading downstairs as quickly as I can undetected, and back out to the boats.

Laila's POV

I watch John B as he leaves, chills still running down my spine after he kissed me. I think I love him. I look at the clock and it reads 11:35 and I shoot up out of bed, heading to the bathroom. I look down at my wrists and thighs, and you can't tell that there was ever anything there. I lift up my shirt and look at my stomach, and there are still scabs but they only look like scratches now.

I go to my closet and pull out a light blue adidas shirt, and some black nike shorts. I get dressed and unbraid my hair, leaving my hair with cute beach's waves. I apply some mascara and a little bit of perfume, trying to make myself look as friendly and harmless as possible.

Angelo's plane was supposed to land at 11:30, and the ride here shouldn't be that long. It wasn't that long for me, so he should be here soon. There's a knock on my door and I answer it, and it's Katie telling me to come on downstairs to wait with the rest of the family.

Me, Payton, and Dawson sit on couch next to eachother, and Katie and Ron stand near the window, waiting for the car to pull up. Payton's been excited ever since she woke up this morning solely because she thinks Angelo is cute. I find it slightly weird how obsessed she is over who is technically going to be her foster brother, but it's technically legal too.

"They're here!!" Katie says, as the doorbell rings shortly after. The same DSS worker who brought me here steps inside, followed by Angelo. He looks almost sort of scary, bags under his eyes and his hair is an absolute mess, and he looks as if he's been crying.

"Hi sweetheart, I'm Katie and this is Ron!!" Katie says to him, and he glares. "Yeah, I'm aware." He replies, causing Ron to giggle a little bit for some reason. "I like him already." Ron says, trying to lighten the mood.

"This is Payton, Laila, and Dawson." Ron says, pointing at the three of us. "Laila's fostered as well, so she understands what's going on.." Katie says, and Angelo just rolls his eyes, and it's obvious that he's holding back tears.

I get it, I really do. I understand his pain, and if I knew him and his reactions a little bit better I'd hug him. "Girls, why don't you show him around like you did Laila while we work our paperwork?" Ron suggests, and me and Payton stand up.

She leans into me and whispers "He looked a lot better on paper, you can have this one if you don't mind. I'm gonna go to my room and call Sarah." and I nod, not really sure where to start with all of this.

Angelo's POV

The light haired bitch that looks just like her mom walked upstairs, leaving me standing with the brunette bitch. I want to go home, I do not want to be here. This place fucking sucks, and so does this situation.

The only plus side is that I get to have my dog, which the bitch DSS lady left in her car until papers are worked out. "Hey, I'm Laila. We don't have to talk, just follow me and let me show you where everything is." She says sheepishly, probably because I look intimidating. Good.

I walk behind her up a set of stairs, onto the second floor. A tear that I've been holding back escapes my eye and rolls down my cheek, and I wipe it away while I follow her. She opens up a door down the hallway and stands by the doorway, but doesn't go inside.

"This is your room, your bathroom is connected to it. The room to the right of yours is another guest room." She says, and I don't respond. She looks at me sideways and then walks into another room.

"This is the lounge room for this floor, and then down the hall opposite of your room is my room." Everything in this house is expensive looking and is too big. It's not cozy or comfortable, it isn't home. I want MY house and MY room. MY life back. I literally just got the life I knew ripped away from me. My girlfriend and all.

She takes me up another set of stairs and shows me the girl named Payton's room, and Dawson's room. Payton seemed hella stuck up, and I can't really figure out Laila, nor do I want to. Just two sluts I don't want to be around.

She takes me back down to the first floor and shows me the kitchen, the parents room, and the dining room where the DSS lady that I didn't bother to learn the name of sits with Ron and Katie. While we're in there, I glare at the lady with a hateful look.

"Can I get my dog out of your damn car or are we just going to leave him there?" I ask her, and she sighs. "It's unlocked, please watch the language." She says to me, giving Ron and Katie a reassuring smile. They probably already hate me, just like my Dad and his wife do.

I walk out of the dining room, and the brunette follows me.

25 votes for next chapter